THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies and thick, chewy, and loaded with peanut butter flavor and milk chocolate chips!
Disclosure: This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe includes affiliate links.
A couple of weeks ago I brought you my ah-mazing Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie. Since then I’ve been working on a cookie version of that pie. I wanted a cookie with bold peanut butter flavor, soft, chewy and almost molten-like on the inside with a somewhat crispy crust. A lot to ask for in a cookie, right? After a couple weeks of testing, I think I’ve got it! Today I bring you Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Cook’s Note – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- I used Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips in these cookies, and I highly recommend them as they’re high in quality and taste. Plus they are a bit larger than regular chocolate chips which make they look more bakery-quality!
- I used my trusty 3 Tablespoon scoop to mound the cookie dough on the cookie sheets and I highly recommend using this scoop. It makes the prep work faster.
- You can make these cookies to be flattened or more rounded. How you achieve this is you either scoop & compress the dough with your fingers or just scoop the dough. See the picture below.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
ONE YEAR AGO: Sausage and Peppers Slow Cooker Recipe
TWO YEARS AGO: Pumpkin Chili
THREE YEARS AGO: Ground Beef Stroganoff
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2½ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter I used JIF
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 11.5 ounces bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Move oven racks to the middle and lower-middle positions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl sift together the dry ingredients: the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl if you're using hand beaters), cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, or until nice and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, until well mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix slowly until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and mix until just combined.
- Using a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookies 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. If you want a flatter cookie, compress each dough ball lightly with your fingers.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking, or until the cookies are light golden brown but still soft in the middle.
- Move cookie sheets to wire rack and cool for 30 minutes before serving.