Loaded Peppermint Cookies for all of you peppermint lovers out there! This Christmas cookie recipe is so quick and easy to make!
I’ve been on a peppermint kick this Christmas season. Peppermint Bark Brownies, Peppermint Roulade, Peppermint Cheesecake Dip, Peppermint Bark Cookies, Peppermint Bark Sugar Cookie Pie, and now these Loaded Peppermint Cookies! I also love these peppermint candy spoons for hot chocolate and for gifting.
If you like peppermint, then these cookies are for you. They pack a pretty powerful peppermint punch, and the white chocolate in both the Kisses and Andes bits smooths the flavor out nicely.
These cookies are quick and easy to make and they make 48 cookies! This is a great recipe to bring for a cookie exchange, to any holiday party, and for gifting.
Cook’s Note – Loaded Peppermint Cookies:
- To make sure that the Peppermint Kisses don’t melt and loose their signature shape, do not remove the cookies from the cookie sheets until they’re cool and the Peppermint Kisses are solid again. To speed up this process, I very carefully place my cookie sheets in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once the cookies are cool, place them in an airtight container. They will keep for 5 days this way.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients:
- baking sheets
- mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- 1-tabelspoon scoop
- wire rack
- Peppermint Hershey Kisses
- Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
Loaded Peppermint Cookies
- 10- ounce package Peppermint Hershey Kisses
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened but still cool
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10- ounce package Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats and unwrap the Peppermint Kisses.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- On low speed add the vanilla and beat in the eggs one at a time until combined. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients into the butter and egg mixture and mix until just combine.
- Add the crushed candy canes and Andes baking chips to the dough and mix until combined.
- Using a 1-tablespoon scoop, scoop the dough onto your prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until the cookies are puffed up and the edges just begin to set. Immediately press the Peppermint Kisses into the center of each cookie. Move cookie sheets to a wire rack to cool completely before moving them off the sheets.