The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs recipe makes the juiciest and most succulent chicken thighs you’ll ever all due to the tasty chicken thigh marinade.
It costs $5.39 to make this recipe. The recipe makes eight servings for a total of $0.67 per serving.
Chicken thighs are a delicious and juicy protein to cook. Some of my favorite chicken thigh recipes include these Easy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs, Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs, Crockpot BBQ Chicken Thighs, and these Broiled Chicken Thighs.
Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
Summertime is for lazy days and easy recipes. My recipe for Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs is perfect for your summer BBQs, get-togethers, and pot lucks. I enjoy making this recipe any time of the year because it is so delicious and straightforward.
The chicken thighs are juicy, tender, and finger-licking good! The simple ingredients used to make the chicken thigh marinade make for a foolproof recipe that will become a summer staple for your family.
These Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs are versatile to be served with just about anything making it the perfect weeknight meal or pot-luck dish.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.67
Recipe Cost: $5.39
- 8-10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs – $3.69
- ½ cup olive oil – $1.12
- ¼ cup light brown sugar – $0.11
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar – $0.20
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce – $0.06
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard – $0.04
- 2 teaspoons onion powder – $0.06
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder – $0.06
- 1 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- ½ teaspoon black pepper – $0.04
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How to Make Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs
- First, using a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Next, put the chicken thighs in a large zip lock bag and then pour in the marinade.
- Then, seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken. Place the chicken in the fridge to chill for at least eight hours.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge while you preheat the grill to 425 degrees F.
- Grill the chicken for 2-3 minutes, chicken thigh side down, and then flip and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Move the chicken to an unlit area of the grill and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Finally, remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for ten minutes before serving.
- Instead of Dijon mustard you can use grainy mustard or yellow mustard.
- You can use dark brown sugar instead of light brown sugar or even sugar in the raw.
- Instead of rice vinegar, you can use white vinegar.
SERVE: You can keep the chicken out for about an hour before you need to refrigerate it.
STORE: Keep the grilled chicken thighs in a covered container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZE: Place the cooled chicken in a freezer-safe container or zipper top bag. Freeze for 2-3 months.
DEFROST: Defrost the chicken overnight in the refrigerator.
- Mixing bowl
- Instant read thermometer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Grilling tools
It will take about 2-3 minutes to grill each side of the chicken thighs, plus some additional time off the flame to finish getting to the appropriate internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Chicken is an excellent source of protein. However, chicken thighs are slightly less healthy than chicken breasts as dark meat is slightly higher in cholesterol. This recipe has about 401 calories per chicken thigh.
More Chicken Recipes
- Saucy Honey Mustard Chicken
- Old School Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Classic Chicken Parmesan
- Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 75+ Delicious and Easy Chicken Thigh Recipes
Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 8-10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
CHICKEN THIGH MARINADE:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
MAKE MARINADE AND MARINATE CHICKEN:
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large zip-top bag and pour in the marinade.
- Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours, but no more than 24 hours.
- After marinating, remove chicken thighs from the refrigerator while you preheat your grill to 425°F.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down on a hot grill and grill 2-3 minutes until you get a good sear.
- Flip and sear the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Move the chicken to an unlit area of the grill and cook until the chicken thighs reach an internal temperature of 165°F on an instant read thermometer, flipping occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.