The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Thighs recipe is a great economical chicken thighs recipe ideal for weeknights.
This recipe costs about $6.15 to make. It makes six servings for an estimated cost of $1.03 per serving.
Chicken thighs are a tasty option when you’re on a budget, especially when you need to feed a crowd. For more delicious options, try my Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs, Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs Recipe, Crockpot BBQ Chicken Thighs, and Easy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs.
Chicken Thighs are a tender and juicy piece of meat. Adding this lemon garlic sauce to the top of the chicken after cooking it to golden perfection, the chicken becomes so flavorful, and every bite melts in your mouth.
This is a quick, one-pot meal that makes cooking during the week a breeze. The secret to this chicken is the sauce; you will want to lick your plate clean it is so delicious.
Serve the chicken over rice, rice pilaf, mashed potatoes, or plain. No matter how you serve it, Lemon Chicken Thighs made in the Instant Pot will become your new favorite dish!
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.03
Recipe Cost: $6.18
- 2 lbs bone in, skin on chicken thighs – $3.18
- 1 ½ teaspoons table salt – $0.02
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper – $0.02
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme – $0.17
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano – $0.10
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil – $0.06
- 4 garlic cloves – $0.20
- 2 cups chicken stock – $1.41
- 2 lemons – $0.96
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch – $0.06
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Thighs
- First, pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels and then place them in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, thyme, and oregano.
- Rub the mixture over the chicken thighs.
- Next, set the Instant Pot on high-heat saute mode and pour in the oil to heat up.
- Place the chicken thighs in the pot to saute for 2 ½ minutes on each side.
- Add in the minced garlic, chicken stock, and lemon juice.
- Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for eight minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for two minutes and then do a quick release.
- Place the chicken on a platter while you make the sauce using three tablespoons of the lemon chicken sauce and mix it with cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Saute the slurry on high for four minutes in the Instant Pot.
- Finally, pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- You can change the flavor profile of this dish by using lime juice instead of lemon, and it will be just as delicious!
- Instead of avocado oil, you can use olive oil or vegetable oil.
SERVE: You can keep the chicken out for about an hour before you need to refrigerate it.
STORE: Keep the Instant Pot lemon chicken thighs in a covered container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZE: Place the cooled chicken in a freezer-safe container or zipper top bag. Freeze for 2-3 months.
DEFROST: Defrost the chicken overnight in the refrigerator.
Lemon adds a delicious flavor to the chicken and helps tenderize the meat, resulting in tender and juicy chicken.
It is perfectly safe to put raw chicken in the Instant Pot. This recipe calls for the raw chicken to be placed directly in the pot with the oil to sear for a few minutes on each side before pressure cooking it. This is the beauty of the Instant Pot. It makes for hands-off meals throughout the week.
First, add cornstarch to a small bowl and pour three tablespoons of the lemon chicken sauce from the Instant Pot into the cornstarch. Whisk the mixture together until a slurry forms. Pour the slurry into the Instant Pot and saute on high for four minutes. Pour the lemon sauce over the chicken just before serving.
More Chicken Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Broiled Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
- Easy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 1 ½ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 lemons about ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels.
- Place them onto a large plate or mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together add salt, black pepper, thyme, and oregano.
- Rub the herb mixture all over the chicken thighs and ensure that the chicken is fully coated.
- Put the instant pot on high-heat sauté mode. Pour in the oil allowing it to heat up, then place the chicken thighs into the pot.
- Sauté the chicken for 2 ½ minutes on each side, then place the minced garlic in.
- Pour in the chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Place the instant pot lid on the pot and set to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, wait for the pressure to naturally release for 2 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and place the chicken on a platter.
- Add the cornstarch to a small bowl and pour 3 tablespoons of the lemon chicken sauce from the Instant Pot into the cornstarch.
- Mix together to form a slurry.
- Pour the slurry into the Instant Pot then sauté on high for 4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.