These Peppermint Bark Cookies bring together everything you love about shortbread AND everything you love about peppermint bark in one bite!
Peppermint Bark Cookies Recipe
These Peppermint Bark Cookies are super quick and easy to make, and they absolutely melt in your mouth. I make these cookies every year for the Christmas cookie boxes that I give to friends and family. I like how they are shaped differently from than any other Christmas cookie.
Peppermint and chocolate is my all-time favorite holiday flavor combination. It just tastes like Christmas! I love it so much that I have quite a few peppermint and chocolate recipes on my site. Check ’em out!
Peppermint and Chocolate Recipes on Food, Folks, and Fun:
- Peppermint Bark Sugar Cookie Pie
- Chocolate and Peppermint Roulade
- Peppermint Bark Brownies
- Homemade Peppermint Patties
- Thick and Chewy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Peppermint and Chocolate Recipes from Bloggers I Love:
- Peppermint Cocoa Cake
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Cups
- Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- Loaded Dark Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
- After Eight Bundt Cake
- Frozen Peppermint Cheesecake
- Easy Peppermint Brownie Truffles
- Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Note – Peppermint Bark Cookies:
- These cookies will keep for 1 week while covered in the refrigerator. Bring the cookies to room temperature before serving.
Peppermint Bark Cookies
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening Crisco
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer add butter and sugar and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix to combine (the dough should look crumbly).
- Pat dough into the bottom of prepared 9x13-inch baking pan and bake for 22-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Move pan to wire rack and cool for 1 hour.
- Place chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in a microwave-safe bowl, and cook on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread melted chocolate over cookie crust and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top. Place pan in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until chocolate is set. Cut into triangles and serve.