These Peppermint Bark Brownies are a cool and refreshing holiday dessert for your party, potluck, or holiday table.
Tis the season for all things Peppermint! Peppermint Bark is one of my favorite Christmas candies to both make and eat. A couple of days ago I had a Christmas party to attend and needed to bring a dessert. I was craving Peppermint Bark, but I wanted to bring something a bit more substantial for the dessert table. That’s where this Peppermint Bark Brownies recipe comes in!
I took all of the elements of classic peppermint bark and turned them into brownies! The brownies became the chocolate layer, then the brownies were topped with white chocolate and peppermint candy canes.
With all of the holiday baking I’ve been doing I am SO OVER doing the dishes. That’s why I love disposable bakeware. There are entire lines of disposable bakeware that’s non-stick AND comes with its own carrier! Talk about the perfect way to transport food to all sorts of parties: church, work, neighborhood, etc.
Cook’s Note – Peppermint Bark Brownies:
- DO NOT use vanilla candy coating or white chocolate chips for this recipe. You want to make sure you use baker’s-grade white chocolate that has cocoa butter in it.
- If you do not use Reynolds bakeware for this recipe, make sure you grease the pan before pouring the batter in!
- This recipe makes 24-32 peppermint bark brownies, depending on how you cut them.
- Brownies will keep, at room temperature in an air-tight container, for up to 5 days.
- I do not recommend freezing these brownies. Something funky happens to candy canes when they are frozen— they sort of melt. Not very pretty for these peppermint bark brownies!
Peppermint Bark Brownies
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 cup salted butter, cubed
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 12 OUNCES white chocolate cut into small chunks
- ⅔ cup chopped candy cane pieces
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add chocolate and butter to a medium heat-proof bowl. Heat at 50% power in microwave for 1 minute. Stir, and heat at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until chocolate and butter are melted. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In large bowl whisk sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, and vanilla together until combined. Mixture until combined. Pour in flour and whisk until just combined and no flour streaks remain.
- Whisk in chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in flour until no streaks of flour remain. Pour batter into Reynolds 9x13 non-stick pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
FOR THE TOPPING:
- Once brownies come out of oven, sprinkle white chocolate chunks over top. Let them sit for 5 minutes, then use a spatula to smooth chocolate evenly over top of brownies. Sprinkle with candy cane pieces. Cool on a wire rack until brownies are cool and topping has firmed, about 2-3 hours. Slice and serve!
You Might Also Like:
- Peppermint Cheesecake Dip
- Loaded Peppermint Blossoms
- Peppermint Cracker Toffee
- Peppermint Bark Cookies
- Sugar Cookie and Peppermint Bark Pie