This Tomato Basil Pasta recipe is great for busy weeknights. Once the pasta is cooked, dinner is DONE! 15 minutes is all that you need, folks. Now, who doesn’t love that?!
This is a family favorite recipe. I have been making this Tomato Basil Pasta for over 15 years and it’s always a win!
I’ve made this tomato basil pasta for…
- busy weeknight dinners
- dinner parties
- meals for friends after having babies
Basically, it’s an anytime dinner recipe! If you’re looking for another 15-minute dinner recipe then you must try my 15-Minute Citrus Cream Pasta!
Cook’s Note – Tomato Basil Pasta:
- If you’re making this recipe for a dinner party try using a vegetable peeler to make beautiful shards of Parmesan instead of grating it. This will make the dish a little fancier.
- Grab the kids when making this recipe. They’ll love helping you squeeze the cut cherry tomatoes!
- If you serve this alone, then it will serve 4 adults. If you serve it with some nice crusty bread and salad, then it will serve 6.
- Feel free to add sliced, grilled chicken or shrimp to this pasta recipe.
Disclosure: This post for Tomato Basil Pasta – a 15 Minute Recipe includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools – Tomato Basil Pasta
- Pasta Pot
- Large Mixing Bowl
Tomato Basil Pasta - a 15 Minute Recipe!
- 1 lb linguine
- 14- ounce container cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- Cook pasta, as per package instructions until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, cut tomatoes in half. Squeeze tomatoes into a large bowl until slightly mashed. Add herbs, olive oil, garlic and vinegar to the same bowl. Season tomato mixture to taste with salt and pepper, and give everything a quick stir.
- Drain pasta and pour into tomato mixture. Add Parmesan and toss to combine. Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan.