The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Spice up Family Taco Night with my Honey-Lime Chipotle Salsa recipe. It’s ready in just 2 minutes and it’s so delicious!
It’s family taco night at our house. This means I’ve pulled out my go-to slow cooker chicken taco recipe and made some homemade salsa! A favorite at my house is this Honey Lime Chipotle Salsa. My family loves how tasty it is, and I love how easy it is to make in my blender.
These days with softball and T-ball in full swing, I’m all about easy meals that don’t skimp on flavor. That way I have plenty of time to bring kids to practice, cheer them on at games, and do every other day-to-day activity that comes my way.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Salsa is a must on taco night. I like coming up with new recipes and combinations to compliment my tacos. Tonight I made my Honey-Lime Chipotle Salsa recipe. The salsa came out amazing and the best part is that it came together in all of TWO MINUTES! That’s right; delicious, homemade salsa ready in two minutes. My secret weapon? It’s my blender and beautiful, fresh produce.
The reason why my salsa recipe takes only two minutes to make is because of my high-powered blender. It packs a powerful punch, plus the blades inside the blender are stacked three high. This means there’s no need to scrape down the sides of the blender and no added steps–you just pop in all of your ingredients, pulse, and you’re done!
How to Make Blender Salsa:
Cook’s Note – Honey Lime Chipotle Blender Salsa Recipe:
- I like my salsa with some small chunks of tomato in it, that’s why I blend all the other ingredients first and then the tomato. If chunky salsa isn’t your thing, then add the tomatoes in with all of the other ingredients and blend to your desired consistency.
- This blender salsa has a mild kick to it. If you like your salsa with more heat, add another chipotle pepper to the mix before blending.
ONE YEAR AGO: Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
TWO YEARS AGO: Pizzeria Salad Wrap
THREE YEARS AGO: The Best Breakfast Sandwich
Honey Lime Chipotle Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup red onion, outer peel discarded and cut into quarters
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro, rinsed and drained first
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, cored and cut into quarters
- salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients except for the tomatoes and salt into the blender. Mince by pulsing the blender 5-6 times for about 1-2 seconds each.
- Add the tomatoes and and roughly chop by pulsing the blender 2-3 times for 1 second each.
- Pour the salsa into a serving bowl and season to taste with salt. Serve or cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
More delicious Salsa recipes:
I recently updated this post. Here are some of the original pictures of this Honey Lime Chipotle Salsa:
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Kristina Grum @ Sew Curly says
We are definitely going to make this soon. It looks amazing!
Looks so good! I love salsa and I’ve been debating on whether or not to buy a Ninja! Might just have to do it.
Barb, I HIGHLY recommend the Ninja, it’s the best blender I’ve ever used.
This salsa looks very yummy. I am pinning to my Summer Eats board to give it a try.
Jessica Jankowski says
I was able to benefit from Jillian’s delicious recipe. It was very flavorful and yummy.
I love making my own salsa. This is a unique twist on a favorite. I love it!
This looks great! I think I need to pin this!
Sophia @ NY Foodgasm says
I want a Ninja sooooo bad! Though I heard the Vitamix is better…. sooo expensive though. Ansolutely LOVE this salsa! Such a great combo of sweet and spicy!!
I LOVE my Ninja, it’s a real work horse.
YUM! I can’t wait to try this for Cinco de Mayo!
I love making salsa at home – it’s easy, fun and way better than anything store-bought. It’s simply perfect for hosting! I love your salsa – looks and sounds delicious with the honey and lime combo!
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry says
What a tasty sounding salsa! Definitely a staple for the table this summer!
Amy | The Cook Report says
That sounds absolutely delicious! I need to try it 🙂
Noel Lizotte says
mm, mm, good.
There’s nothing like a great salsa and this one is on that list!
slide me a bowl of chips, please … I’m not leaving this salsa sit on the table alone.
You got it! 🙂
I love this is made in a blender. Mine doesn’t get near enough use!
sheenam @ thetwincookingproject says