THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This Citrus Cream Pasta recipe is an easy, refreshing dinner that takes just 15 minutes! It’s a great dish for busy weeknights!
After the holidays have come and gone, the next food I look forward to is fresh citrus! Our house here in Southern California came with mature, fruit-producing lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit trees. I know. Heaven, right?! During the months of January, February, and March all I have to do is go out to my backyard and BAM, I have fresh citrus! Needless to say, I love it!
Right now we’re bursting at the seams with fresh citrus, so my Citrus Cream Pasta recipe is in order! It a great weeknight dish that everyone will love!
While I do not love the summers in Arizona, I do love citrus season in January, February, and March. And while I am missing those months right now, I do have some frozen memories of those months. My parents have citrus trees and that fresh citrus cannot be beaten. I like to save some to use during these killer hot summer months. The fresh citrus taste in my citrus cream pasta is so refreshing. What’s even better is this cream pasta recipe is easy! Citrus pasta is a great weeknight dish that everyone will love!
How do you make Citrus Cream Pasta?
- First, cook the linguine according to the directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil and garlic to a pan and cook for around 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the cream and citrus zest, and bring the mixture to a low simmer.
- Then, simmer the mixture for 5 minutes. Add the salt and herbs and mix it until combined.
- Next, add in the salt and herbs, stirring it until it is combined.
- Last, turn off the heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Finally, stir in the mixture with the pasta and BAM, you’ve got citrus pasta!
Can you freeze citrus zest?
Yes, you can! It is a great idea to freeze citrus zest to use later on in the year and add to my pasta recipe. After grating the zest place it in a single layer on waxed or parchment paper and wrap tightly. Place it inside a zip lock bag and close tightly. It can be stored in the freezer for up to six months.
Cook’s Note – Citrus Cream Pasta:
- This dish is very versatile when it comes to the herbs. Use whatever herbs you like or have on hand. My favorite combination is basil and mint for this citrus cream pasta, it keeps things vibrant and fresh.
- If you add a protein to this Citrus Cream Pasta like my lemon chicken recipe or shrimp, you could probably stretch it to 6 servings.
- In this recipe, you are just warming the cream. DO NOT let it come to a boil! If you do, the cream will break and you’ll end up with a grainy sauce-yuck!
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
- pasta pot
- 12-inch nonstick skillet
- tongs for tossing the pasta
- Zester for zesting and grating Parmesan cheese
More 15-Minute Recipes!
15-minute recipes are my jam for busy weeknights! Besides this citrus pasta, I like to whip up my Tomato-Basil Pasta (grab the kids, they’ll love squeezing the cherry tomatoes for you). This 15-Minute Chicken Alfredo is some serious comfort food that your entire family will love.
Citrus Cream Pasta - a 15 Minute recipe!
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 navel oranges zested
- 2 lemons zested
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh mint chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine as per package instructions until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, add olive oil and garlic to large 12-inch pan and cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream and citrus zest, reduce heat to low and bring the mixture to a VERY LOW simmer. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes. Add salt and herbs, stir to combine. Turn off heat and stir in cheese until melted. Toss with pasta and serve immediately.
More Lemon Recipes:
- Lemon Lush
- Lemon Cream Pie Float
- One Pot Greek Pasta Recipe with Lemon & Chicken
- Lemon White Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Lemon Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
- Zesty Lemon Bars
- Lemon Chicken