The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Citrus Cream Pasta recipe is an easy, refreshing dinner that takes just 15 minutes! It’s a great dish for busy weeknights!
After the holidays have come and gone, the next food I look forward to is fresh citrus! Our house here in Southern California came with mature, fruit-producing lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit trees. I know. Heaven, right?! During the months of January, February, and March all I have to do is go out to my backyard and BAM, I have fresh citrus! Needless to say, I love it!
Right now we’re bursting at the seams with fresh citrus, so my Citrus Cream Pasta recipe is in order! It a great weeknight dish that everyone will love!
While I do not love the summers in Arizona, I do love citrus season in January, February, and March. And while I am missing those months right now, I do have some frozen memories of those months. My parents have citrus trees and that fresh citrus cannot be beaten. I like to save some to use during these killer hot summer months. The fresh citrus taste in my citrus cream pasta is so refreshing. What’s even better is this cream pasta recipe is easy! Citrus pasta is a great weeknight dish that everyone will love!
How do you make Citrus Cream Pasta?
- First, cook the linguine according to the directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil and garlic to a pan and cook for around 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the cream and citrus zest, and bring the mixture to a low simmer.
- Then, simmer the mixture for 5 minutes. Add the salt and herbs and mix it until combined.
- Next, add in the salt and herbs, stirring it until it is combined.
- Last, turn off the heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Finally, stir in the mixture with the pasta and BAM, you’ve got citrus pasta!
Can you freeze citrus zest?
Yes, you can! It is a great idea to freeze citrus zest to use later on in the year and add to my pasta recipe. After grating the zest place it in a single layer on waxed or parchment paper and wrap tightly. Place it inside a zip lock bag and close tightly. It can be stored in the freezer for up to six months.
Cook’s Note – Citrus Cream Pasta:
- This dish is very versatile when it comes to the herbs. Use whatever herbs you like or have on hand. My favorite combination is basil and mint for this citrus cream pasta, it keeps things vibrant and fresh.
- If you add a protein to this Citrus Cream Pasta like my lemon chicken recipe or shrimp, you could probably stretch it to 6 servings.
- In this recipe, you are just warming the cream. DO NOT let it come to a boil! If you do, the cream will break and you’ll end up with a grainy sauce-yuck!
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
- pasta pot
- 12-inch nonstick skillet
- tongs for tossing the pasta
- Zester for zesting and grating Parmesan cheese
More 15-Minute Recipes!
15-minute recipes are my jam for busy weeknights! Besides this citrus pasta, I like to whip up my Tomato-Basil Pasta (grab the kids, they’ll love squeezing the cherry tomatoes for you). This 15-Minute Chicken Alfredo is some serious comfort food that your entire family will love.
Citrus Cream Pasta - a 15 Minute recipe!
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 navel oranges zested
- 2 lemons zested
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh mint chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine as per package instructions until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, add olive oil and garlic to large 12-inch pan and cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream and citrus zest, reduce heat to low and bring the mixture to a VERY LOW simmer. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes. Add salt and herbs, stir to combine. Turn off heat and stir in cheese until melted. Toss with pasta and serve immediately.
More Lemon Recipes:
- Lemon Lush
- Lemon Cream Pie Float
- One Pot Greek Pasta Recipe with Lemon & Chicken
- Lemon White Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Lemon Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
- Zesty Lemon Bars
- Lemon Chicken
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
This sounds so good! I think I’ll plan on making it for lunch one day next week. Thanks!
Healing Tomato says
This is exactly what I need for weeknight dinner idea. Quick, delicious and so comforting.
Enjoy, it’s a family favorite around my house!
Any recipe with citrus and pasta is a winner in my book. Thanks.
Me, too! I just love it. Thanks for stopping by!
Theresa Sutton says
I’ve never tried citrus with pasta, but it looks pretty darn good! Can’t wait to try it!
Cami @ The Crafting Nook says
Looks absolutely delicious and this is by far one of my favorite types of dish. Pasta something citrus and a delicious sauce! I’m pinning so I can keep this handy! Awesome recipe!
oh my gosh, sounds heavenly!
I’ve been looking for something like this to add to our dinner plan. Thanks!
Matt @ Plating Pixels says
Looks super simple and perfect for a weeknight meal! Loving the fresh herbs too.
Victoria @ Creative Home Keeper says
I would have never thought to add citrus flavors to the cream sauce but it was amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Cathy M says
Mmmm, YUM! This pasta looks amazing (and we love adding citrus to our recipes whenever we can!)
Same here, it just brightens the flavor which is perfect for long winters!
I love quick meals and this pasta was delicious!
Aw, thanks so much Kallee!
This lemon chicken recipe is really tasty and looking very nice.and you can add some types recipes with lemon.
I would have never thought to combine citrus and cream but it is out of this world. Thanks for recipe!
I have citrus trees in my yard too and can never get enough of the wonderful flavors. We’re so spoiled! I love the idea of adding orange flavor into a lemon pasta sauce. Why didn’t I ever think of that?! This looks delicious and is bound to be on my table soon.
Hannah F Healy says
This looks so fresh and delicious. Perfect for summer! I love how quick the recipe is too!
I have yet to try a citrus pasta, and this creamy version looks just delightful! Can’t wait to try it!
You know I have never had pasta with a citrus flavor before but it sounds just wonderful! We have citrus trees in our yard and this will be a great way to use them.
Jacqueline Debono says
I love pasta with lemon. It’s very traditional here in Italy, especially in Amalfi and Sorrrento. I’ve never added oranges to it. Sounds delicious. Can’t wait to try your recipe!