This Citrus Cream Pasta recipe is an easy, refreshing dinner that takes just 15 minutes! It’s a great dish for busy weeknights!
After the holidays have come and gone, the next food I look forward to is fresh citrus! Our house here in Southern California came with mature, fruit-producing lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit trees. I know. Heaven, right?! During the months of January, February, and March all I have to do is go out to my backyard and BAM, I have fresh citrus! Needless to say, I love it!
Right now we’re bursting at the seams with fresh citrus, so my Citrus Cream Pasta recipe is in order! It a great weeknight dish that everyone will love!
How to make Citrus Cream Pasta
- Saute the garlic and warm the cream with the citrus zest.
- Add the herbs and stir to combine.
- Add the grated cheese and stir until melted.
- Toss pasta with the sauce and serve!
Cook’s Note – Citrus Cream Pasta
- This dish is very versatile when it comes to the herbs. Use whatever herbs you like or have on hand. My favorite combination is basil and mint fir this citrus cream pasta, it keeps things vibrant and fresh.
- If you add a protein to this Citrus Cream Pasta like my lemon chicken recipe or shrimp, you could probably stretch it to 6 servings.
- In this recipe you are just warming the cream. *DO NOT* let it come to a boil! If you do, the cream will break and you’ll end up with a grainy sauce-yuck!
Citrus Cream Pasta - a 15 Minute recipe!
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Large garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 navel oranges zested
- 2 lemons zested
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine as per package instructions until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, add olive oil and garlic to large 12-inch pan and cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream and citrus zest, reduce heat to low and bring the mixture to a VERY LOW simmer. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes. Add salt and herbs, stir to combine. Turn off heat and stir in cheese until melted. Toss with pasta and serve immediately.