Alright folks, this is **THE** recipe for Panera's Mac & Cheese. I got it from their website a while back when they posted it for a short time! You MUST try this Panera's Mac & Cheese Recipe.
As I've mentioned to you all recently, I am pregnant and due in September. While I was going through the first 12 weeks of pregnancy there were only two foods that I could stomach: bagels and Panera's Mac & Cheese. I would have their mac & cheese weekly. Okay, okay, if I'm going to be honest maybe it was more than once a week... For me this is the pinnacle of mac & cheese dishes; its rich, smooth, creamy and chock-full of calcium from all that yummy cheese and milk. Not only is this recipe amazingly delicious, its also quick and easy to make; on the table in 30 minutes or less.
Cook's Note for Panera's Mac & Cheese Recipe:
*If you're serving this as a main dish it serves 4-6. If you're making this as a side dish it serves 8-10.
*Some people find the Dijon mustard in the recipe to be a bit overwhelming, so feel free to cut back on it or omit it all together.
*I find that in order to get optimal results you *must* use extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar and sliced white American cheese from the deli, not the fake stuff you find in the box.
- 1 16-ounce Package package of rigati pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ cup milk
- 6 Slices white American cheese
- 8 oz extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Melt butter over low heat. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Add cheeses, mustard, salt, and hot sauce, stirring until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Stir in pasta and cook over medium heat for 1 minute (or until thoroughly heated). Serve immediately.
Be sure to never miss a great recipe like this Copycat Panera's Mac & Cheese Recipe. Sign up for emails from Food Folks and Fun below.