THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes Recipe is a Cheesecake Factory Copycat recipe! They can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish.
I first had these at The Cheesecake Factory shortly after having my daughter. We were new parents, and it was on our début outing with the baby. My husband and I were both so exhausted but needed to get out of the house. We decided to go to The Cheesecake Factory to split an appetizer and each get a slice of cheesecake. 🙂 The Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes were love at first bite! They were like a flavor explosion in your mouth!
This recipe is amazing, it tastes just like The Cheesecake Factory! You can serve these as an appetizer, or as a main dish like I do. I usually round out the meal by serving them with my Restaurant-Style Black Bean Soup.
Cook’s Note for Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes Recipe:
- I suggest making the Salsa Verde, Pico De Gallo, and Southwestern Sauce either the night before or morning before. This will speed things along when you’re ready to make these babies!
More Copycat Cheesecake Factory Recipe:
Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes - Cheesecake Factory Copycat
- 2 tomatillos roughly chopped
- 4 ounces canned chopped green chiles drained
- 1 green onion sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
PICO DE GALLO:
- 1 large Roma tomato diced
- 1 Tablespoon red onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro minced
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup corn masa harina flour
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Sour cream
- Avocado diced
- Fresh cilantro chopped
MAKE SALSA VERDE:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until combined, but still a little chunky. Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and chill at least 1 hour.
MAKE PICO DE GALLO:
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and toss. Cover and chill at least 1 hour
MAKE SOUTHWESTERN SAUCE:
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix until well combined. Cover, and chill at least 1 hour.
MAKE CORN CAKES:
- Add 1 cup of the frozen corn in a food processor until it's coarsely pureed. In a medium bowl add the pureed corn, softened butter, sugar, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add masa and flour and mix until no flour streaks remain. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of frozen corn kernels, and mix until corn is evenly distributed.
- Measure 1/2 cup portions of the mixture and use your hands to form them into 3-inch wide patties.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and preheat over medium-low heat. Add the patties to the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown, another 5-8 minutes.
- Add the Salsa Verde to your platter and spread it evenly. Heat the platter in the microwave for 1 minute. Place the corn cakes on top of the warmed Salsa Verde, and evenly distribute the Pico De Gallo and Southwestern Sauce over the tops. Dollop with sour cream, and garnish with avocado and cilantro. Serve immediately.
LOVE MEXICAN FOOD AS MUCH AS I DO?
Check out some of my personal favorite recipes:
- Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Restaurant Style Refried Beans
- New Mexico Style Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Picadillo Tacos
- Green Chile Pinto Beans
- Enchilada sauce
- Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Queso Blanco Dip
- Breakfast Taco Bar
#FoodIsLove Recipe Series:
If you loved this Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes Recipe, then check out the others from this series!
- Brownie Brittle Recipe
- Skinnier Tuscan Garlic Chicken – an Olive Garden Copycat Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- The Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake Recipe
- Yogurt Curry Dip Recipe