THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce Recipe tastes as if it came from your favorite pizzeria. It’s SO easy to make, all you need is 5 minutes and a blender! Plus it costs just $1.95 to make!
I don’t know about you, but my family has a designated pizza night every week. For us it’s Fridays. We either order takeout from our favorite pizzeria or I make pizza from scratch. Over the years I’ve been playing around with this Pizza Sauce Recipe, and I finally nailed it!
This homemade pizza sauce tastes so fresh, has a great texture, and it tastes as if it came from your favorite pizzeria! The secret to my sauce is that I use canned whole tomatoes and I DON’T cook it! I just blend it up and ladle it onto my favorite pizza!
Pizzeria Pizza Sauce Recipe Reader Testimonials:
Folks are LOVING this recipe. Here are some comments I have gotten from readers:
Stephanie said: “Hands down the best pizza sauce I’ve ever had! I made this sauce a couple of weeks ago but I forgot to print the recipe. I just spent an hour looking for it…..saving to favorites so I don’t lose it again. This recipe is a keeper. Thank you so much for sharing it.”
Kim said: “I don’t often take the time to review recipes but this sauce is THE BEST. Simple, fresh-tasting, and EASY to make. I don’t think I’ll ever make any other sauce. This lives up to my NJ pizza standards!”
Noelle said: “We had a make your own pizza night last night and I used this recipe and everyone loved it! Added so much flavor to the pizza.”
Nellie said: “When you become the hero at your house over a recipe you know it is a good one! Will be hanging on to this one!”
Ted said: “Jillian, I have never tried homemade pizza before. I saw your recipe and it looked so good I had to give it a try. I was amazed at the results, they were delicious. The crust and sauce had the best taste you could ask for. Thanks for posting it.”
Things I love about this Recipe:
- It’s made completely in the blender.
- It takes 5 minutes or less to make.
- It’s a no-cook recipe.
- It costs just $1.95 to make.
- It tastes like the pizza sauce from your favorite pizzeria!
Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe Questions Answered:
What’s the difference between pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce?
While the ingredients for pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce are similar. There is one main difference. Pizza sauce is uncooked while pasta sauce is cooked.
Can I use pasta sauce on pizza?
Yes, you can, but it would be a little thin. I would mix this sauce with a 4 ounce can of tomato paste and double the herbs and garlic in the recipe below.
What cheese is best for pizza?
My favorites are whole milk mozzarella (MUST be whole milk and not part-skim) and Parmesan. But you can get super fancy and add other cheeses such as gouda, goat, and ricotta.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce Recipe Notes:
- When I make this recipe I like to make a double batch and freeze the rest. I divide the pizza sauce among small freezer-safe containers. This way I just pull what I need from the freezer when I need it.
- This sauce will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer. Just defrost it in the refrigerator overnight and give it a good stir before using.
- This sauce will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator when kept in an airtight container. Just give it a quick stir before using it!
- If you love garlic, then add an extra clove to the recipe below!
- This pizza sauce is also great for my Pizza Rolls recipe!
- Make this sauce for my Perfect Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Recipe!
COPYCAT PIZZERIA PIZZA SAUCE TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS:
How much will this Pizza Sauce Recipe Cost?
RECIPE COST: $1.95
PER SERVING COST: $0.16
NOTE: The recipe prices are used calculating name brand products from Walmart’s website. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what your pantry is already stocked with and current grocery prices.
- 28- ounce can whole peeled tomatoes – $1.66
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil I prefer robust EVOO – $0.14
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar – $0.02
- 1 large garlic clove minced – $0.05
- 1 teaspoon table salt – $0.01
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar – $0.01
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano – $0.05
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – $0.01
Other pizza recipes:
- Pizza Rolls recipe
- Perfect Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
- New York Style Thin Crust Pizza
- Perfect Homemade Pizza Dough
- Pizza Dough Garlic Knots
- Supreme Pizza Pull-Apart
- French Bread Pizza
- Lunch Box Pizza
Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 28- ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil I prefer robust EVOO
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Drain tomatoes in a fine mesh strainer and place drained tomatoes into a blender, discarding drained liquid.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high until completely combined about 30 seconds.
- Use the sauce in your favorite pizza recipe or place in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 1.5 cups of homemade sauce.