This Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce Recipe tastes like it came from your favorite pizzeria. It’s SO easy to make, all you need is 5 minutes and a blender!
I don’t know about you, but my family has a designated pizza night every week. For us it’s Fridays. We either order takeout from our favorite pizzeria or I make pizza from scratch. Over the years I’ve been playing around with this Pizza Sauce Recipe, and I think I finally nailed it!
This homemade pizza sauce tastes so fresh, has a great texture, and it tastes like it came from your favorite pizzeria! The secret to my pizza sauce is that I use canned whole tomatoes and I DON’T cook it! I just blend it up and ladle it onto my favorite pizza!
Things I love about this Pizza Sauce Recipe:
- It’s made completely in the blender.
- It takes 5 minutes or less to make.
- It’s a no-cook recipe.
- It tastes like the pizza sauce from your favorite pizzeria!
Disclosure: This post for Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce includes affiliate links.
Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce Recipe Notes:
- When I make this homemade pizza sauce recipe I like to make a double batch and freeze the rest. I divide the pizza sauce among small freezer-safe containers. This way I just pull what I need from the freezer when I need it.
- This sauce will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer. Just defrost it in the refrigerator overnight and give it a good stir before using.
- This pizza sauce will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator when kept in an airtight container. Just give it a quick stir before using!
- If you love garlic, then add an extra clove to the recipe below!
- This pizza sauce is also great for my Pizza Rolls recipe!
- Make this pizza sauce for my Perfect Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Recipe!
COPYCAT PIZZERIA PIZZA SAUCE TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS:
ONE YEAR AGO: Crunchy Date Nut Bread
TWO YEARS AGO: Loaded Greek Fries
THREE YEARS AGO: Copycat Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Soup
Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 28- ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil I prefer robust EVOO
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Drain tomatoes in a fine mesh strainer and place drained tomatoes into a blender, discarding drained liquid.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high until completely combined about 30 seconds.
- Use the sauce in your favorite pizza recipe or place in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 1.5 cups of homemade pizza sauce.