Today I’m sharing a little treat to get you through the rest of the week. I present to you Toasted Coconut White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars. These cookie bars have a trifecta of ingredients that make them of so irresistible: toasted coconut, white chocolate, AND macadamia nuts. Now tell me you’re not craving Toasted Coconut White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars now?
I love White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, but recently when I had a craving for them I wanted something more. More spring-like and dare I say, decadent! Adding toasted coconut, making them into bar cookies, and slathering them with melted white chocolate just seemed like the right thing to do. And I am SO glad that I did because these came out incredible.
These bars would work beautifully for bake sales, lunch boxes, parties, etc. They’re such a pleasant change to chocolate-laden desserts, and their bright flavors make them perfect for spring.
I used Ghirardelli white baking chips in this recipe.
This recipe calls for toasted, shredded coconut. To toast the coconut heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut and stir frequently, until the coconut is mostly all golden brown, about 3-6 minutes.
Macadamia nuts are pretty pricy. When they go on sale I tend to stock up. They only keep for about 6 months in the pantry, so to ensure their longevity I freeze them in freezer-safe storage bars as they’ll keep for up to 2 years this way…but I ensure you you’ll use them before then–especially if you add these bars to your repertoire.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ Cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1½ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1 ½ Cups packed light brown sugar
- 12 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving about an overhang on all sides. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl add the brown sugar and butter, whisk until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined. Using a wooden spoon, add in the flour mixture and mix until combined. Fold in 1 cup white chocolate chips, 1 cup macadamia nuts, and the toasted coconut until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- As soon as the bars come out of the oven, sprinkle 1 cup white chocolate chips over the top. Let them sit for 5 minutes, then smooth in an even layer to cover the tops of the bars. Press ⅓ cup chopped macadamia nuts over the top of the bars.
- Chill the bars in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Use the foil overhang to lift the bars from the pan. Cut into 24 squares and serve. Bars can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
I’m linking this post up at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime, The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog