Creamy and delicious Virgin Pina Colada recipe made in just minutes! It’s the perfect drink to make on a hot summer day or anytime. This recipe serves 8 and costs $4.45 to make. That’s just 56¢ per serving!
Who is ready for winter to be over? I am over here dreaming of warmer days. One way I do that is by whipping up this easy Virgin Pina Colada recipe. It gives me all the summer vibes in the comfort of my pajamas by the fireplace!
One of my favorite things to do during the summer is to make a nice tall glass of this Virgin Pina Colada recipe and then sit by the pool reading a book while the kids play. It’s so relaxing to me and the drink just hits the spot.
The next time you’re having a summer BBQ or party, whip up a big pitcher of these. They’re so refreshing and perfect for summer. Your guests will all agree that your recipe for these is simply the BEST!
But we are not waiting until summertime, remember? We are getting our summer vibes on now! Make this fun drink with your kids today, cozy on up by the fire, (mine will be in their bathing suits I am sure of it!), and enjoy!
What to serve with Virgin Pina Coladas:
- Coconut Rice
- Food Truck Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Grandma’s Baked Stuffed Shrimp
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
- Grilled Pineapple with Brown Sugar and Honey
- Hawaiian Food Truck Garlic Shrimp
- Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Pineapple Salsa
- Sheet Pan Stir-Fried Chicken Teriyaki with Pineapple
Common Virgin Pina Colada Recipe Questions Answered:
What do you need to make this recipe?
- pineapple juice
- cream of coconut
- rum or vanilla extract
- ice cubes
Where do I find the cream of coconut in the store?
You can find Cream of Coconut right next to the bottled margarita mixes on the drink aisle at your local grocery store. Sometimes it can be found near the Hispanic and Thai products. If all else fails you can find it on Amazon.
How many calories are in a Virgin Pina Colada?
There are 228 calories in 1 cup of my recipe below.
What is the definition of colada?
Pina Colada translates to “strained pineapple” which literally refers to the freshly pressed and strained pineapple that is used to make the drink.
What does pina colada mean?
It’s a drink that began in Puerto Rico. It is typically made using rum, coconut cream, and pineapple juice. In a virgin pina colada recipe, there is no alcohol. My recipe omits the rum and uses rum extract instead.
Are virgin Pina Coladas healthy?
Not really. This drink is high in sugar. Most of the sugar is natural sugar, but there is some refined sugar in the cream of coconut. See the nutritional information below for the calories and grams of sugar per serving.
How to make a Virgin Pina Colada:
- First, add all of the ingredients into the blender
- Next, blend on high until the ingredients are combined.
- Finally, pour into desired glasses and then garnish with pineapple wedges and cherries. Enjoy!
What people are saying about this recipe:
LaShawna: This is sooo good!! Great recipe!!
Different Flavor Variations:
- Banana Colada: Add in 2 ripe bananas.
- Berry Colada: Add in 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries.
- Lime Colada: Replace the pineapple juice with lime juice, and add 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- You can skip the vanilla or rum extract in this recipe, I personally like the extra flavor kick that it adds to the drink.
- CLEAN UP TIP: I like to serve these in glasses right away or transfer them to a serving pitcher. That way I can clean the blender right away so the sugars from the drink don’t solidify and make my clean up job harder.
Cook’s Tools and ingredients – Virgin Pina Colada Recipe:
If you love this drink, then you will love my pina colada cupcakes!
How much will this recipe cost?
RECIPE COST: $4.45
PER SERVING COST: $0.56
NOTE: The recipe prices are used calculating name brand products from Walmart’s website. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what your pantry is already stocked with and current grocery prices.
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice – $1.50
- 1 1/2 cups cream of coconut – $2.64
- 8 cups cubed ice – $0.00
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract – $0.31
- Virgin Pina Colada Recipe
- Italian Soda
- Cranberry Limeade Sparkling Mocktail
- Pineapple Smoothie
- Christmas Punch
- Best Pizza Sauce
- Cheese Steak Sloppy Joe
- Hungarian Goulash Recipe
- Brownie Brittle Recipe
- Bread Bowl Recipe
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Reese’s Rice Krispie Treats
Virgin Pina Colada
- 1 ½ cups pineapple juice
- 1 ½ cups cream of coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract, optional
- 8 cups cubed ice
- pineapple wedges
- maraschino cherries
- Add all of the ingredients into the blender canister.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries (optional).
Creamy and delicious Virgin Pina Colada recipe made in just minutes! This recipe serves 8 and costs $4.45 to make. That’s just 56¢ per serving!