Creamy, delicious Pina Colada made in just minutes! It’s the perfect drink to make on a hot summer day and for summertime entertaining!
One of my favorite things to do during the summer is making a nice tall glass of Virgin Pina Colada and sit by the pool while reading a book while the kids play. It’s so relaxing to me.
The next time you’re having a summer BBQ or party, whip up a big pitcher of these. They’re so refreshing and perfect for summer, your guests will love them! These pair well with my Grilled Hawaiian Chicken, Coconut Rice, and Pineapple Salsa.
Common Pina Colada Questions Answered:
What do you need to make a Pina Colada?
- pineapple juice
- cream of coconut
- rum or vanilla extract
- cubed ice
Where do I find cream of coconut in the store?
You can find Cream of Coconut right next to the bottled margarita mixes on the drink aisle at your local grocery store. Sometimes it can be found near the Hispanic and Thai products. If all else fails you can find it on Amazon.
How many calories are in a Virgin Pina Colada?
There are 228 calories in 1 cup of my recipe below.
What is the definition of colada?
Pina Colada translates to “strained pineapple” which literally refers to the freshly pressed and strained pineapple that is used to make the drink.
Different Pina Colada Variations:
- Banana Colada: Add in 2 ripe bananas.
- Berry Colada: Add in 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries.
- Lime Colada: Replace the pineapple juice with lime juice, and add 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar.
Cook’s Note – Pina Colada:
- You can skip the vanilla or rum extract in this recipe, I personally like the extra flavor kick that it adds to the drink.
- CLEAN UP TIP: I like to serve these in glasses right away or transfer them to a serving pitcher. That way I can clean the blender right away so the sugars from the drink don’t solidify and make my clean up job harder.
Cook’s Tools and ingredients – Pina Colada:
ONE YEAR AGO: Raspberry Sorbet
TWO YEARS AGO: Garden Bean Salad
THREE YEARS AGO: Smores Snack Mix
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups cream of coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract, optional
- 8 cups cubed ice
- pineapple wedges
- maraschino cherries
- Add all of the ingredients into the blender canister.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries (optional).