The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Paradise Cookies are loaded with white chocolate, macadamia nuts, coconut, lime zest, and a sprinkling of sea salt. If there were ever a cookie to eat in paradise, these would be it!
It costs approximately $13.36 to make these cookies. The recipe makes sixteen cookies for about $0.83 per cookie.
I love macadamia nuts in my cookies. These White Chocolate Blondies, these White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, and these Paradise Cookies are my top favorites.
Summer vacations have begun, and kids are out of school for many. I love making tropical recipes for dinner, snack time, and dessert when summertime hits.
I’ve been playing around with this Paradise White Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for a while, and I’m happy to say that I’ve finally nailed it!
I LOVE white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, and I built on a recipe of mine that I love but made some changes to it:
- I used dark brown sugar instead of light brown sugar to get more of a molasses taste.
- Then, I loaded these cookies up with white chocolate chunks and white chocolate chips.
- I added shredded coconut and lime zest for a fresh and zesty flavor profile.
- And finally, I added a pinch of sea salt flakes to the tops of the cookies. The sweet-salty combination makes these Paradise Cookies completely irresistible.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.83
Recipe Cost: $13.36
- 2 cups all-purpose flour – $0.38
- ½ teaspoon baking soda – $0.01
- ½ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter – $1.08
- 1 cup dark brown sugar – $0.12
- ½ cup granulated sugar – $0.12
- 1 large egg – $0.17
- 1 large egg yolk – $0.08
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract – $1.36
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips – $2.24
- 1 cup macadamia nuts – $3.87
- 4 oz white chocolate bar – $2.58
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut – $0.98
- 1 Tablespoon lime zest – $0.04
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Paradise Cookies
- First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line two baking sheets with baking mats or parchment paper.
- Next, using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Then, using a stand mixer, beat the melted butter and sugars together. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until combined. Add the white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, coconut, and lime zest. Mix together until combined.
- Scoop the dough with a 2-Tablespoon scoop onto the baking sheets. Softly press three white chocolate chunks into the top of each cookie.
- Bake each baking sheet individually for eight minutes and sprinkle lightly with sea salt after removing the baking sheets from the oven. Put the baking sheet back in the oven to bake for an additional 7-8 minutes.
- Finally, cool the cookies on the baking sheet for ten minutes and then serve or transfer to a wire rack.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
SERVE: Serve these cookies warm or at room temperature.
STORE: These cookies will keep in an airtight container for five days.
FREEZE: Scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet, and freeze until solid. Then, place frozen cookie dough into Ziploc bags. The dough can be frozen this way for up to 6 months.
While macadamia nuts can be tricky to chop, I have found that a sharp serrated knife works best for chopping up the nuts into the smaller pieces that we need for this recipe.
Absolutely! You can roast them beforehand if you prefer to bring out an even richer nut flavor, but it is not necessary.
More Cookie Recipes
- Italian Ricotta Cookies
- M&M Pretzel Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Lemon White Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Black and White Cookies
- Pink Macarons with White Chocolate Ganache
- Birthday Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 4 oz white chocolate bar chopped into chunks
- flaked sea salt
PREP OVEN AND PANS:
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, and set aside.
MAKE COOKIE DOUGH:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed, beat melted butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined.
- Turn mixer off, add flour mixture, and pulse mixer until the flour is absorbed into the batter.
- Add white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, coconut, and lime zest and mix until combined.
SCOOP COOKIE DOUGH:
- Using a 2-Tablespoon scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets, spacing them two inches apart.
- Lightly press three white chocolate chunks into the top of each cookie.
- Bake cookies, ONE PAN AT A TIME, for 8 minutes, and working quickly, take the cookie sheet out of the oven and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Rotate cookie sheet, and return to oven to bake another 7-8 minutes or until cookie edges are set, but centers are still soft and puffy.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then serve warm (my favorite) or transfer to a wire rack to cool.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Beth Sachs says
What amazing flavours! These cookies are going on my must try list for this weekend!
Paradise is right! The flavors remind me so much of a tropical beach vacation. I can dream of the Florida beaches I miss so much when eating these.
Nart at Cooking with Nart says
You had me at macadamia nuts and white chocolate. These cookies look so good…and the addition of lime zest…mmmmmm
These look so delicious and scrumptious! Can’t wait to make these! My family is going to love these!
Suja MD says
Absolutely delicious; thank you for this fantastic recipe! Very straightforward and easy to make. The dish came out perfectly. I will make it again!!
Tayler Ross says
I made these cookies over the weekend and everyone loved them! Such a delicious tropical flavor!
Kali Alexandria says
Absolutely amazing!! My kids love these!
Love the combination of ingredients in this cookie recipe.so delicious
These were super yummy and my kids agree! Thank you for another winner. 🙂