Strawberry Pizza with Bacon and Balsamic is one of my favorite pizza creations. This pizza recipe packs layers of savory and sweet flavors. #StrawberrySeason
For my Strawberry Season Blog Series I’ve shown you How to Keep Strawberries Longer, a Strawberry Syrup recipe, a Strawberry Lemonade recipe, Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes recipe, and now this Strawberry Pizza recipe!
Today’s recipe for Strawberry Pizza with Bacon is a family favorite! The sauce for this pizza is a blend of strawberry jam and a balsamic reduction with a dash of sriracha! Then I layer the pizza with crisp bacon, red onion, and a mix of mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese. Once the pizza comes out of the oven it’s sprinkles with diced strawberries and chopped cilantro! Are you hungry yet?
Cook’s Note – Strawberry Pizza with Bacon
This recipe would be stellar using other berries like blueberry or peach. Remember to swap out the jam, too!
You can add chopped, cooked chicken to the top of this strawberry pizza.
If your family doesn’t like spicy food, then leave out the sriracha. You can use honey instead.
Cook’s Tools – Strawberry Pizza with Bacon
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce, or any other chili sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- FOR THE PIZZA:
- 1 ball pizza dough for a 12-inch pizza, your favorite recipe or one purchased form the store
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 ounces bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces and cooked until crispy & drained
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Place pizza stone on middle rack of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees 1 hour before cooking.
- FOR THE SAUCE: In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the Balsamic vinegar, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vinegar is reduced by half and it’s a syrupy consistency, about 4 minutes. Add strawberry preserves and sriracha. Mix well and set aside.
- FOR THE PIZZA: Liberally dust a pizza peel with cornmeal. On a floured surface, roll or pat the dough into a 12-inch circle. Move the dough to the pizza peel and reshape as needed.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza leaving a 1-inch boarder. Sprinkle the cheese evenly other the pizza. Then layer the pizza with the cooked bacon and red onion. Use the pizza peel to carefully jiggle the pizza on the baking stone in the preheated oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle with the strawberries and cilantro. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from The Café Sucre Farine
Disclosure: This post for Strawberry Pizza with Bacon and Balsamic recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.