Pepperoni Pizza made from scratch! This is the BEST Homemade Pizza Recipe, and you’ll be craving this pizza weekly! Learn my tips and tricks and you’ll be making pizza like a pro in no time!
I have been trying to make the perfect homemade pizza for years now! I’ve been playing around with the recipe for a while now, and today I present to you pepperoni pizza perfection!
Yesterday, I posted my all-time favorite Pizza Dough Recipe along with the methods, tips and tricks that I’ve learned along the way after years of making it. Last week, I posted my Copycat Pizzeria Pizza Sauce recipe, and today I’m putting it all together with this Perfect Homemade Pizza Recipe! Let’s get started!
Elements of the Perfect Homemade Pepperoni Pizza:
- I give a detailed explanation of my chosen methods, ingredients and pizza tools in this post. Go check it out. It’s loaded with tips and key freezing instructions, too!
- My Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe is SO much better than store-bought, and it’s an easy no-cook recipe that you make in the blender. And to top it all off, it’s freezer-friendly, too!
The Pizza Cheeeeeeeeese.
- To make the ultimate Pepperoni Pizza you need a combination of 2 kinds of cheese– Parmesan and whole milk mozzarella. The Parmesan adds some extra flavor to the pizza pie, and I add it underneath the mozzarella so it doesn’t brown and become crisp.
- Whole milk mozzarella is a MUST for this recipe because it melts so much better than part-skim mozzarella (I find part-skim mozzarella cooks up a little rubbery)!
- Whole milk mozzarella can be a little bit tricky to find in your grocery store. If it’s not in the brick cheese section of the dairy aisle, then I usually have luck finding it at the deli counter. I ask the folks at the deli counter to just cut off a 1/2 pound chunk for me and I shred it myself at home.
- I love pepperoni, but I hate how it makes an oil slick on top of the pizza while it’s baking. In the past I would end up blotting the top of the pizza with a paper towel to get the extra grease off, but not with this pizza recipe! To combat the lake of pepperoni grease on top of my pizza, I cook the pepperoni between sheets of paper towel in the microwave. This way the paper towel sops up the extra grease and voilà, you have the perfect homemade pizza!
Cook’s Note – Perfect Homemade Pizza Recipe:
- If pepperoni isn’t your thing, then go ahead and add your favorite toppings instead. I would say no more than 1/2 cup TOTAL of toppings on each pizza.
- If you’re adding fresh veggies like onions, bell peppers, or broccoli, then I suggest cooking them in the microwave for 30-90 seconds or until the veggies start to soften. This way you don’t have crunchy uncooked veggies on your pizza.
Disclosure: This post for Perfect Homemade Pizza Recipe includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients – Perfect Homemade Pizza recipe:
ONE YEAR AGO: Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread
TWO YEARS AGO: Skinny Stuffed Shells
THREE YEARS AGO: Italian Sausage and Butter Bean Soup
Perfect Homemade Pizza Recipe
- Prepare pizza dough recipe and oven thru step 7.
- Move oven rack to the second highest position. Place a pizza stone on the rack and preheat oven to 500 degrees F for at least 30 minutes.
- Place parchment paper on top of the pizza peel and sprinkle cornmeal over the top. Move 1 dough ball to the pizza peel and press dough out into a 14-inch circle by gently stretching and pressing the dough. (I find it’s best that once the dough is pressed out into an 8-inch circle to place the palm of my hand in the center and gently pull the dough by the edges to get it to 14 inches). If the dough is really snapping back while you’re trying to press and stretch it, then cover it with a damp paper towel and let the dough relax for 5-10 minutes before starting again to get the dough to 14 inches. Brush ½ tablespoon of olive oil around the outer edge of the dough.
- Place 2 paper towels on top of a large microwave-safe plate. Spread the pepperoni out evenly on the plate and top with 2 more paper towels. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Press the top paper towel onto the pepperoni to sop up any extra grease; set aside.
- Spread ¾ cups of the pizza sauce over the pizza dough using the back of a large spoon or ladle, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edge. Sprinkle ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese evenly over the sauce, and then follow with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Spread 20 pepperoni slices evenly over the cheese.
- Once the pizza stone has been preheated at 500 degrees F for at least 30 minutes, use the pizza peel to slide the pizza and parchment onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the crust is beautifully golden and the cheese is bubbly. Use the pizza peel to remove the pizza from the oven. Let the pizza sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Repeat with remaining dough, sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
Makes 2 14-inch pepperoni pizzas.
More Pizza Love:
- Pull Apart Pizza Bread
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Pizzeria Style Pizza Sauce
- The Best Homemade Pepperoni Pizza
- Grilled Margherita Pizza
- Vegetable Pizza
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019
- New York-Style Thin Crust Pizza - October 9, 2019