The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Strawberry Pizza with Bacon and Balsamic is one of my favorite pizza creations. This pizza recipe packs layers of savory and sweet flavors.
For my Strawberry Season Blog Series, I’ve shown you How to Keep Strawberries Longer, a Strawberry Syrup recipe, a Strawberry Lemonade recipe, Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes recipe, and now this pizza recipe!
When I say strawberry pizza what’s the first thing that comes to your mind? Does it seem strange? That’s ok! I usually think of strawberries in my salad or on my ice cream but now I crave it on my pizza! And trust me after you try this pizza you will be craving it, too.
Today’s recipe for Strawberry Pizza with Bacon is a family favorite! The sauce for this pizza is a blend of strawberry jam and a balsamic reduction with a dash of sriracha! Then I layer the pizza with crisp bacon, red onion, and a mix of mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese. Once the pizza comes out of the oven it’s sprinkled with diced strawberries and chopped cilantro! Are you hungry yet?
How do you make strawberry pizza?
- After preparing your pizza dough spread the sauce across the pizza leaving a 1-inch border around the edge.
- To make the strawberry pizza first, sprinkle the cheese evenly over the pizza.
- Next, layer the pizza with the cooked bacon and red onion.
- Then, carefully jiggle the pizza onto the baking stone using a pizza peel and place it in the preheated oven. Bake it for 10-12 minutes looking for a golden crust with the cheese melted and bubbly.
- Finally, remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle with strawberries and cilantro. After you have let it cool for a few minutes cut the pizza and enjoy!
- This recipe would be stellar using other berries like blueberry or peach. Remember to swap out the jam, too!
- You can add chopped, cooked chicken to the top of this pizza.
- If your family doesn’t like spicy food, then leave out the sriracha. You can use honey instead.
- I like to use my favorite pizza dough recipe to make this pizza.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
- round pizza stone
- pizza peel
- pizza cutter
Strawberry Pizza recipe
FOR THE SAUCE:
- ⅓ cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
FOR THE PIZZA:
- 1 ball pizza dough for a 12-inch pizza
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 ounces bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces and cooked until crispy and drained
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Place a pizza stone on middle rack of the oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees 1 hour before cooking.
FOR THE SAUCE:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the Balsamic vinegar, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vinegar is reduced by half and it’s a syrupy consistency, about 4 minutes.
- Add strawberry preserves and sriracha. Mix well and set aside.
FOR THE PIZZA:
- Liberally dust a pizza peel with cornmeal. On a floured surface, roll or pat the dough into a 12-inch circle. Move the dough to the pizza peel and reshape as needed.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza leaving a 1-inch border.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly other the pizza. Then layer the pizza with the cooked bacon and red onion. Use the pizza peel to carefully jiggle the pizza on the baking stone in the preheated oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle with the strawberries and cilantro. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces and serving.
This post first appeared on Food Folks and Fun on May 30, 2015. I have since updated the pictures and some of the originals are below.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Mai T. says
This is such an interesting recipe! I never though strawberries could be used for pizza. And even with bacon!
Adriana Lopez Martin says
I enjoy savory meals and this pizza really looks outstanding who knew you could pair strawberries and bacon I bet is a heavenly pairing. Very creative and yummy.
Brian Jones says
What an innovative idea, completely new taste ideas to me but strawberry and balsamic is a glorious combination!
Neli Howard says
Ohhh I can’t WAIT to try this! Thank you for this great recipe! So YUMMY! Is good food and this looks like one of the BEST! !
Linda Nortje says
This is such a unique flavor combination and I can’t wait to surprise my family with the pizza !
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry says
What a tasty combination – I’d never have thought to combine these but it sounds absolutely amazing!
YUM! BEST Pizza ever!
We are trying to come up with excuses to use our new traditional balsamic vinegar; this seems like a perfect way to use it! Thanks for sharing!
Glad this recipe will come in handy! 🙂
My kids were skeptical about strawberries on pizza at first, but they loved it!
This is such a unique recipe! love all the flavors together, great recipe!
Looks so delicious and perfect to make with kids in summer vacation too!
Cindy @ A Uniquely Edible Magic says
Having both sweet and savoury on a pizza is the best!
This is so unique! Love it!
I never would have thought to put strawberries on pizza, but I definitely want to try this.