Avocados, strawberries, chicken, red onion, toasted almonds, goat cheese, and zesty poppy seed dressing combine to make these deliciously easy wraps. These Avocado Strawberry Spinach Wraps are great for quick lunches and easy dinners!
I don’t about where you live, but where I am it is still SO stinkin’ hot! The last thing I want to do is heat up the oven for prolonged periods of time. During the summer I make a lot of salad and pasta salads, but the other night I wanted to make something a little different.
I took my favorite Strawberry Spinach Salad, added a few extra ingredient like avocado and rotisserie chicken to make it a bit more substantial, and rolled it up into a wrap. It made a delicious, light, filling dinner for scorching summer nights. And the best part is that it took all of TEN MINUTES to make! Woot, woot!
Avocado Strawberry Spinach Wraps Options:
- If you don’t have goat cheese, any type of crumbled blue cheese or feta would work beautifully.
- You can use other berries like blueberries and blackberries.
- Toasted pecans or walnuts can be used.
- You can skip the chicken to make it a vegetarian meal.
- Add bacon for an added flavor element (and let’s face it, who doesn’t like bacon?!?).
- Skip the wraps and you have yourself a filling summer salad!
Cook’s Note – Avocado Strawberry Spinach Wraps:
- The dressing calls for grated white onion. Just use the small hols on your box grater and grate until you have 1 tablespoon of grated onion/juice. You don’t want to skip this in your dressing because it adds a zesty element to it!
- Dressing can be made ahead of time (it actually tastes better when made the day before!).
- Leftover dressing will keep chilled, in an air-tight container, for up to a week.
Cook’s Tools + Ingredients – Avocado Strawberry Spinach Wraps:
- mixing bowls
- box grater
- cutting board
- chef knife
- avocado slicer
- strawberry huller
- flatbread wraps
ONE YEAR AGO: Summer’s Best Potato Salad
TWO YEARS AGO: Strawberry Shortcake Roll Up Cake
THREE YEARS AGO: Peach Lemonade
- POPPYSEED DRESSING:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon grated white onion
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 large wraps (such as Flatout Flatbread or large tortillas)
- FOR THE POPPY SEED DRESSING: In medium bowl whisk together all of dressing ingredients until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
- FOR THE FILLING: In large bowl toss all of the filling ingredients together with your desired amount of dressing. Toss until evenly coated.
- WRAP IT UP: Place desired amount of filling in center of wrap. Fold up sides and roll wrap. Slice in half and serve.
Disclosure: This post for Avocado Strawberry Spinach Wraps recipe includes affiliate links. This means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.