Come find out how to peel an avocado. In this tutorial, you’ll discover the EASIEST and safest method!
3 Avocado Peeling Facts:
- One of the best things I learned on the Avocado Grove Tour was a new method for peeling and cutting an avocado! The California Avocado Commission demonstrated a safer method for cutting an avocado.
- Peeling an avocado using this method extracts the fruit closest to the peel. This is the most nutrient-dense part of the avocado.
- Using this method is quick & easy. Plus no special peeler is needed, just a regular kitchen knife will do! Let me show you how it’s done!
The “Nick and Peel” Technique – How to Peel an Avocado:
First, pick a ripe avocado with the California logo! Hass avocados usually turn dark green to purplish-black when they’re ripe. When gently squeezed in the palm of your hand, the avocado yields to gentle pressure.
Then, wash and pat dry the avocado. Cut it in half lengthwise around the seed.
Next, turn the avocado 90 degrees, and again cut length-wise around the seed.
Then, turn the avocado and separate it into quarters. Remove the seed with your hand.
Starting at one end, carefully peel each quarter of the avocado.
Finally, slice or dice the avocado as needed!
To make the most of your California avocados, I suggest you cut and peel it this way. It’s easier, safer, and keeps all the nutrient-rich fruit intact.
Now that you have those beautiful avocados peeled, make my Best Guacamole Recipe!
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- How to Reheat Quiche Tutorial - August 17, 2019
- Easy Broccoli Quiche Recipe – less than $5.00 to make! - August 17, 2019
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe - August 16, 2019