This BBQ Chicken Entree Salad with Cilantro Ranch Dressing is a refreshing and budget-friendly, easy, weeknight meal.
During the summer, my family spends more time (especially when we have visitors) out and about. You can find us enjoying the beach, amusement parks, fairs, outdoor concerts, summer movies, and more. With all of this entertainment comes more spending.
When the end of the month rolls around, I sometimes stretch my food budget. That’s why I like budget-friendly meals like this Barbecue Chicken Entree Salad with Cilantro Ranch Dressing. It’s a refreshing dinner recipe that costs under $20 to make for a family of four.
This BBQ Chicken Entree Salad is quick & easy to make. It’s delicious, chock-full of nutritious veggies, and filling. So filling that I didn’t hear a peep out of my daughter, who’s a swimmer who often comes home after 2 hour long practices with a big appetite.
- Feel free to use thawed and drained frozen corn in this recipe instead of steamed corn on the cob.
- If you don’t want hot chicken on your salad, you can serve it at room temperature or chilled.
BBQ Chicken Entrée Salad with Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup Barbecue Sauce
- 10 ounces chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup chopped cilantro divided
- ½ cup corn cooked and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup halved and sliced radishes
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 1 large avocado sliced
- ⅓ cup Ranch Dressing
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 375 degrees F. Place the chicken in an 8x8-inch baking dish and cover evenly with the KRAFT Barbecue Sauce. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken's internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Let the chicken cool slightly and slice on a diagonal.
- In a large bowl add the romaine lettuce, 1/4 cup of the chopped cilantro, corn, radishes, black beans, VELVEETA Shredded Cheese, and tomato. Toss until all of the toppings are evenly distributed. Pour the salad out onto a large platter and top with the sliced chicken and avocado.
- In a small bowl mix the KRAFT Ranch Dressing and the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro together. Top the salad with the ranch dressing mixture serve.