The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These easy Strawberry Spinach Wraps are loaded with veggies, chicken, almonds, goat cheese, strawberries, and zesty poppy seed dressing.
For tips on How to Peel an Avocado, read this post. A few simple steps make all the difference when cutting avocados.
Avocados, strawberries, chicken, red onion, toasted almonds, goat cheese, and zesty poppy seed dressing combine to make these deliciously easy wraps. These Avocado Strawberry Spinach Wraps are great for quick lunches and easy dinners!
I don’t about where you live, but where I am it is still SO stinkin’ hot! The last thing I want to do is heat up the oven for prolonged periods of time. During the summer I make my Southwest Pasta Salad and BBQ Chicken Entree Salad weekly! The other night I wanted to make something a little different and that’s where this Strawberry Spinach Wraps recipe comes in.
I took my favorite Strawberry Spinach Salad, added a few extra ingredients like avocado and rotisserie chicken to make it a bit more substantial, and rolled it up into a wrap. It made a delicious, light, filling dinner for scorching summer nights. And the best part is that it took all of TEN MINUTES to make! Woot, woot!
Avocado Strawberry Spinach Wraps Recipe Variations:
- If you don’t have goat cheese, any type of crumbled blue cheese or feta would work beautifully.
- You can use other berries like blueberries and blackberries.
- Toasted pecans or walnuts can be used.
- You can skip the chicken to make it a vegetarian meal.
- Add bacon for an added flavor element (and let’s face it, who doesn’t like bacon?!?).
- Skip the wraps and you have yourself a filling summer salad!
Cook’s Note – Avocado Strawberry Spinach Wraps:
- The dressing calls for grated white onion. Just use the small hols on your box grater and grate until you have 1 tablespoon of grated onion/juice. You don’t want to skip this in your dressing because it adds a zesty element to it!
- The poppy seed dressing can be made ahead of time (it actually tastes better when made the day before!).
- Leftover poppy seed dressing will keep chilled, in an air-tight container, for up to a week.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients:
- mixing bowls
- box grater
- cutting board
- chef knife
- avocado slicer
- strawberry huller
Avocado Strawberry Spinach Wraps with Poppy Seed DressingPrint Pin Rate
POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon grated white onion
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds toasted
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 large wraps such as Flatout Flatbread or large tortillas
MAKE THE POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
FOR THE FILLING:
- In a large bowl toss all of the filling ingredients together with your desired amount of dressing. Toss until evenly coated.
WRAP IT UP:
- Place the desired amount of filling into the center of a wrap. Fold up sides and roll wrap. Slice in half and serve.
This Strawberry Spinach Wraps post first appeared on Food Folks and Fun on August 17, 2016. I have since updated the post and pictures.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
My go-to summertime recipe!
I love that I can make these for lunch or dinner! My kids love them.
I love the flavors in this easy wrap! Perfect to pack in my lunchbox!
Shadi Hasanzadenemati says
Love how simple and easy this recipe is! I’ll be making it again!
My son would love this recipe! I have to try it out this summer. So light and fresh. Thanks for sharing!
Laura | Wandercooks says
Yum! I adore strawberries in savoury dishes and this sounds like the perfect combo! Thanks for the inspiration. 🙂
I’m just loving the flavors in this wrap! Avocado and Strawberries together sounds so good!
Looks so delicious and colorful! Such a great idea for dinner or lunch on hot summer days!
You combined all my favorite things in one wrap! Way to go with this awesome recipe!
Jacquelyn Hastert says
This is perfect for lunch! I can’t wait to grab the ingredients and make it for next week lunches.
Yasss! It’s my all time favorite salad as a wrap. I love it. <3
Ashley @ Sweetpea Lifestyle says
This is beautiful!! What a great recipe!
Ive had this in a salad before but what a great idea for wraps! I never thought that strawberry and poppyseed would go together but its fantastic!
Andrea Metlika says
So many fabulous flavors in this sandwich. I never thought of strawberries and avocados together. Can’t wait to try this.
Super Yum! Can’t wait to make these. They’re so perfect for picnics or camping. Thanks for sharing!
Love how you have used avocados and strawberries in this savory wrap!
Jessica Jankowski says
love it so flavorful.