THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Save some money this fall by making this Apple Pie Spice recipe. It comes in handy for more than just apple pie! Also, see my 10 favorite uses for this Apple Pie Spice recipe!
Disclosure: This post for Apple Pie Spice Recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
It certainly doesn’t feel like fall here in Southern California. Yesterday we had highs near 100! When the rest of the country’s pulling out sweaters and jackets, our bathing suits and flip flops end up being permanent attire until nealy Halloween! It doesn’t feel a whole lot like fall for this native New England girl, but it sure does smell like it in the kitchen! Before we get into everything pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, I love to cook and bake with Apple Pie Spice! Today I’m sharing my homemade, DIY Apple Pie Spice recipe!
10 FAVORITE USES FOR APPLE PIE SPICE
- Snickerdoodles. Instead of rolling the cookie dough in cinnamon & sugar, swap out the cinnamon for this Apple Pie Spice recipe. Amazing! Check out my Snickerdoodles recipe!
- Oatmeal. Sprinkle Apple Pie Spice on your oatmeal in the morning, and instead of using water in your oatmeal use apple juice or apple cider. Yum!
- Spiced Nuts. Make sweet spiced nuts and use Apple Pie Spice instead of the spices the recipe calls for. ***BONUS: I like to add some of these nuts as a topping to apple crisp!
- Pasta. One of my favorite quick & easy dinners for fall is Buttered Pasta with a little Apple Pie Spice and Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top. If you’re feeling adventurous, add some roasted Brussels sprouts to the pasta & brown the butter instead of melting it. BAM, perfect autumn pasta!
- Rice Krispie Treats. Add a little to your Rice Krispie Treats and you instantly have a fall dessert the kids will love. ***BONUS: Add some melted pumpkin spice candy melts to the top and you’ve got a quick, easy, AH-mazing fall dessert!
- Smoothies. I like to make a vanilla protein smoothie and add a little Apple Pie Spice to it. Instant fall in a cup. Plus it’s healthy, too.
- Whipped Cream. Add a sprinkle to your freshly whipped cream, and top off your favorite fall pie. Di-vine!
- Sugar Scrub. Make your own sugar scrub, add 1 teaspoon of this Apple Pie Spice recipe for every cup of sugar in the recipe you use. Put it in a jar, wrap it with a bow, and you’ve got yourself a fabulous hostess gift.
- Popcorn. Sprinkle a little on freshly popped and buttered popcorn, it makes a great snack.
- French Toast. Swap out the cinnamon in the recipe for Apple Pie Spice. You’ll thank me later.
Cook’s Note – Apple Pie Spice Recipe:
- I highly recommend you use freshly ground nutmeg as this Apple Pie Spice recipe calls for below. I personally like the taste better, and it only takes a little extra effort.
- I have found the best-priced spices at Target, Walmart, and World Market (especially if you’re going to grind your own nutmeg). I would stay away from the grocery store unless you have a wicked coupon deal.
- The clear glass jar used in the pictures is from World Market. It was only $0.99 and they have a few different styles to choose from at that price point. They are perfect for storing this Apple Pie Spice recipe!
Recipe that use Apple Pie Spice:
Apple Pie Spice Recipe
- 1/3 cup cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients, mix with a fork until evenly mixed. Transfer to an air-tight glass jar.