The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
What’s better than Caramel Apples? Caramel Apple Pie. What’s better than Caramel Apple Pie? CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE BARS, of course! Caramel + Apples + Cheesecake = a whole lotta love on a plate!
Disclosure: This post for Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars recipe includes affiliate links. This means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
I love making some of my favorite desserts into bar form because it’s just easier; especially when making cheesecake. Plus, these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars are a lot easier to cut and serve! These Cheesecake Bars are the perfect Fall dessert for parties, potlucks, bake sales and even Thanksgiving!
Cook’s Note – Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars:
- If you can’t find the Kraft Baking Bits, you can use the wrapped variety. Just be sure to cut them into smaller pieces.
- Cinnamon can be substituted for Apple Pie Seasoning in this recipe.
Cook’s Tools – Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars:
ONE YEAR AGO: Southwest Kall Studded Sweet Potatoes
TWO YEARS AGO: Honey Garlic Sticky Ribs
THREE YEARS AGO: Coconut Chocolate Chip Cake
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese softened
- ½ Cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples
- ¾ teaspoon apple pie seasoning
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bits
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup caramel topping
- Crust: Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into your prepared pan. Prick the dough with a fork about 30 times. Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup of the sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Pour over warm crust and smooth into an even layer with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, apple pie seasoning, and caramel bits. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Topping: In a medium bowl stir together the brown sugar, flour, oats, and butter until combined. Sprinkle evenly the mixture over the filling and bake 35-45 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- To Finish: Cool to room temperature and then chill for at least 2 hours. Use the foil overhang to lift the bars from the pan and cut. Drizzle with caramel topping (optional) and serve.
Yield: 24 bars
Source: Slightly adapted from Paula Deen for The Food Network