The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Four ingredients are all that you need to make these Bacon Wrapped Dates that are stuffed with goat cheese and almonds. These stuffed dates are Spanish tapas that are so easy to make, and they’re filled to the brim with flavor!
This recipe makes 32 Bacon-Wrapped Dates for about $19.31 and serves 16 people. That’s just $1.21 per serving!
I LOVE tapas! Tapas restaurants are my favorite for having a relaxing, casual dinner that goes on for hours. I remember the first time that I had bacon-wrapped stuffed dates at a tapas restaurant, it was love at first bite!
I instantly knew that I had to recreate the recipe for my website and here it is! Bacon-wrapped dates, goat cheese, and almonds never tasted so good!
I love bringing these bacon-wrapped dates to parties for 3 reasons:
- They’re SO easy to make
- They delicious and they’re always a hit
- They’re different from your typical party food
Plus you know, BACON! Everything is better with a little bacon wrapped around it. These little tapas are perfect for Christmas parties, New Year’s parties, Super Bowl parties, and more!
Other little bites that I like to serve at such occasions are Chicken and Waffle Sliders, Meatball Sub Bites, Pepperoni Pizza Rolls, and Make-Ahead Stuffed Mushrooms.
Anytime I see anything made with goat cheese I just can’t resist the temptation. There’s just something about the slightly tangy and creamy components of the cheese that beckons me from across the room!
And these Bacon wrapped dates are no exception! The combination of the tangy goat cheese, sweet dates, and savory crisp bacon make this appetizer a winner at any party no matter the season or celebration.
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.21
Recipe Cost: $19.31
- 32 large Medjool dates – $12.99
- 1/2 cup goat cheese – $2.46
- 32 roasted whole almonds – $0.50
- 16 slices bacon – $3.36
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, preheat the oven and prepare a baking sheet with foil and a wire rack.
- Next, cut a slit into a date and remove the pit.
- Stuff each date with an almond and goat cheese.
- Pinch the date closed and wrap it in bacon. Plate the date on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dates.
- Finally, bake for about 30 minutes and enjoy.
Recipe Variations and Tips
- The dates and goat cheese are usually expensive ingredients, but I got all the ingredients for this dish at Costco. The prices are much lower than at the grocery store and the quality is great.
- Alternatively, you can stuff these dates with Blue Cheese or Manchego cheese.
- This Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates recipe doubles nicely.
Storage and Serving Tips
SERVE: You can keep the bacon-wrapped dates at room temperature for about two hours before they need to be refrigerated.
STORE: Place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
MAKE AHEAD: To make these dates up to 1 day ahead of time, prepare the recipe just before baking the dates in the recipe below. Then when you’re ready to bake the dates, continue with the recipe.
FREEZE: Place the cooled dates on a baking sheet on a single layer. Freeze for one hour or until frozen soil. Then transfer to a freezer-safe container or Ziploc bag.
THAW AND REHEAT: To thaw, place the dates in the refrigerator overnight or place them at room temperature for 2-3 hours. Place the dates on a white rack set over a baking sheet. Heat in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
You cook them for 25-30 minutes. You want to give them ample time for the bacon to cook and become crispy.
I like to cook mine at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This helps the bacon cook quickly and become nice and crisp.
First, using a paring knife cut a small slit about 1/4-inch lengthwise into the date. You should hit the pit while slicing. Then, carefully pull the date open and remove the pit.
- baking sheet
- wite rack
- cutting board
- paring knife
Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- 32 large Medjool dates
- 32 roasted whole almonds
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 16 slices bacon about 14 ounces, halved crosswise
- sliced green onion optional
PREP OVEN AND BAKING SHEET:
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on the baking sheet; set aside.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on the baking sheet; set aside.
STUFF AND WRAP DATES:
- Cut a slit lengthwise into a date and remove the pit. Slightly stretch the opening you just made to make room for stuffing.
- Stuff each date with 1 almond and about 1 teaspoon full of goat cheese.
- Pinch the date closed and then wrap each date tightly in a piece of bacon.
- Place the wrapped date, seam side down, on the prepared wire rack set over a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dates, almonds, cheese, and bacon.
- Bake the stuffed dates for about 25-30 minutes, or until the bacon is browned and crisp, turning each date halfway through baking.
- Transfer the dates to a serving platter and sprinkle with sliced green onions (optional).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe first appeared on FFF on January 12, 2012. I have since updated the pictures.