The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs are guaranteed to get rave reviews and recipe requests. They’re juicy on the inside and wrapped in tasty brown sugar-coated bacon on the outside!
Making this recipe costs $1.55 per serving. It makes six servings for a total of about $9.26 for the entire recipe.
Easy chicken dinners like this one, make life better. For more simple chicken recipe ideas try my Easy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs, this Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken, and Crockpot BBQ Chicken Thighs recipe.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs
The next time you need a delicious recipe for a chicken dinner, try these Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs. This chicken thigh recipe is at the top of my list when it comes to my favorite dinners for busy weeknights.
The flavorful, juicy, tender boneless chicken thighs are wrapped in bacon and then topped with luscious brown sugar for that perfect combo of sweet and salty in every bite. The recipe takes a few minutes of prep time, so you will have it ready to cook in no time at all!
This flavor combo just makes sense! Chicken…good! Bacon…good! Chicken and bacon…good! What’s not to love? I love the smell of bacon.
So adding the bacon to these juicy chicken thighs is a match made in Heaven! The succulent chicken with the crispy bacon is mouth-watering and beyond satisfying.
It starts in a skillet on the stovetop and finishes in the oven in the same skillet! Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs is genuinely a super simple recipe that will become your new family favorite.
INGREDIENTS AND COST
Per Serving Cost: $1.55
Recipe Cost: $9.26
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs – $6.57
- ½ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper – $0.02
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder – $0.01
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary – $0.02
- 12 slices bacon – $2.49
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil – $0.03
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar – $0.11
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Then, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary in a small bowl to create a dry rub for the chicken.
- Cover the chicken thighs with the seasoning blend.
- Then wrap each chicken thigh with two pieces of bacon.
- Next, heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat before adding the chicken thighs, bacon seam side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the bacon is golden without flipping the chicken over.
- Sprinkle the tops of the chicken with brown sugar. Then move the skillet to the preheated oven and roast the chicken for about 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, remove the chicken from the oven and set the oven to broil on high. Place the skillet back in the oven and broil for about 2-3 minutes, until the bacon is browned.
- Allow the chicken to rest for five minutes before serving.
***For complete instructions, see the recipe card below.
RECIPE TIPS AND VARIATIONS
- I do not recommend thick-cut bacon, as it will not crisp up while cooking.
- Instead of brown sugar you can drizzle maple syrup over the bacon.
SERVE: You can keep the bacon wrapped chicken thighs at room temperature for up to two hours before they will need to be covered and refrigerated.
STORE: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZE: Once the chicken is cool, place it in a freezer-safe container or Ziploc bag. Freeze for 4-5 months.
DEFROST: Defrost the chicken in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for about 4 hours.
REHEAT: Once defrosted warm the chicken in a 350 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Instant-read thermometer
This dish can be served with a variety of sides. Some of my favorite side dishes include Mashed Potatoes, Rice Pilaf, Instant Pot Velveeta Mac and Cheese, Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes, Panzanella Salad, and Buttery Smoked Corn on the Cob.
The chicken will cook all the way through while wrapped in the bacon. After roasting the chicken in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, check that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees with a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is done cooking before broiling it. The chicken may need additional cooking time to reach 165 degrees based on your specific oven.
I prefer to bake the chicken thighs at a higher temperature of 400 degrees F. Doing this results in that golden brown outer skin that we all love! It also helps keep the dark meat from overcooking while tenderizing the inside, producing an even more flavorful and tender piece of meat to enjoy.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
- Old School Chicken and Rice
- Broiled Chicken Thighs
- Classic Chicken Parmesan
- Grlled Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Cornish Hens
- Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Oven-Baked Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Easy Stovetop Chicken Fajitas
- Dr Pepper Baked Hot Wings
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 12 slices bacon I used Oscar Mayer Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- Move the oven rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
PREP AND WRAP CHICKEN:
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs all over with the seasoning blend.
- Wrap each chicken thigh with 2 pieces of bacon, ending with the bacon seams on the undersides of the chicken thighs.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until simmering.
- Add the chicken thighs, bacon seam side down, and cook, without moving the chicken, until the bacon is golden about 2-3 minutes. Don’t flip the chicken over.
- Sprinkle the tops of the chicken evenly with brown sugar.
- Move the skillet to the preheated oven and roast the chicken until the chicken thighs registered 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 15-20 minutes longer.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and heat the broiler to HIGH.
- Put the skillet back in the oven and broil until the bacon is well browned about 2-3 minutes.
REST AND SERVE:
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Serve.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Dana Sandonato says
This is such a treat! The bacon keeps the chicken so moist and flavorful!
This recipe is further proof that if you can wrap something in bacon you absolutely should. I cannot wait to make this. It looks ah-mazing.
Well, it’s bacon and chicken what’s not to love? These were delicious, this recipe knocks them out of the park! yum!
I love how the brown sugar makes the bacon soooo good around the tender chicken!
Shadi Hasanzade says
These chicken thighs look so juicy and perfectly cooked! Delicious!