Take the humble hot dog to the next level with this Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs Recipe. Both baking and grilling instructions are included in this recipe!
Disclosure: This Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running. See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
Hot dogs are a summertime staple. They’re also a must for grilling and tailgating. I decided to take my hot dog game to the next level by wrapping them in BACON! Not only does bacon heighten the savory flavor of the hot dog, but it also makes an irresistible crispy outer coating!
Below you’ll find recipe directions for both oven-baked and grilled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs!
Is your mouth watering yet?
My favorite way to eat these Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs is with lettuce and chopped tomato to make a BLT Hot Dog!
If you’re serving these for a cookout this summer, then I highly suggest making my Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans to go with them!
Cook’s Note – Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog:
- This recipe can double, triple, quadruple, etc nicely.
- Up to 16 hot dogs can fit on one wire rack set over a standard-sized baking sheet.
- BONUS::: If you really want to make your cholesterol sky rocket, then deep fry these bacon-wrapped hot dogs to make what street vendors in Mexico call “Danger Dogs”.
Cook’s Tools – Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs:
ONE YEAR AGO: Garden Veggie Guacamole
TWO YEARS AGO: Brownie Sundae Cupcakes
THREE YEARS AGO: S’More Cupcakes
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs – 2 WAYS!
FOR HOT DOGS:
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 hot dog buns toasted
- Caramelized onions
- FOR BACON WRAPPED HOT DOGS COOKED IN THE OVEN: Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F. Place wire rack on baking sheet and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Score the ends of each hot dog with a knife to make an X on both ends. Using 1 hot dog and 1 slice of bacon, wrap hot dog. Pin each end of bacon to hot dog with toothpick. Place on wire rack and repeat with remaining hot dogs and bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then flip hot dogs and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until bacon is cooked through and crisp.
- Remove toothpicks and place hot dogs on toasted buns. Cover with toppings of your choice, and serve.
- FOR BACON WRAPPED HOT DOGS COOKED ON THE GRILL: Heat grill to medium heat. Once grill comes up to temperature, scrape grill to clean.
- While grill preheats, using 1 hot dog and 1 slice of bacon, wrap hot dog. Pin each end of bacon to hot dog with toothpick. Place on plate and repeat with remaining hot dogs and bacon.
- Grill 8-10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and hot dog is heated through, turning occasionally. Remove hot dogs from grill, and remove toothpicks and place hot dogs on toasted buns. Cover with toppings of your choice, and serve.