These Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are loaded with so much peanut flavor and dark chocolate chunks. They’re great for bake sales, get-togethers, and school lunches.
Disclosure: This post for Peanut Butter Cookie Bars recipe with Dark Chocolate Chunks includes affiliate links. This means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
These Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are SO good! They’re nice and chewy and packed with peanut flavor and dark chocolate chunks. The star of these cookie bars are the dark chocolate chunks. They add a bit of a sophistication to the humble peanut butter cookie bar.
I used dark chocolate in this recipe as opposed to milk chocolate because I like how the intense chocolate flavor cuts through the peanut butter. If you’re feeling super decadent, then I suggest sprinkling the top of the cookie dough with some chunky sea salt right before baking!
If you love the peanut butter and chocolate combination as much as I do, then you need to try some of my other recipes!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Recipes:
- Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten-Free Monster Cookies
- Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
COOK’S NOTE – PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE BARS WITH DARK CHOCOLATE CHUNKS:
- Cooled and cut peanut butter bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- These peanut butter cookie bars are best served warm. I suggest heating individual cookie bars for 15 seconds at 50% power.
- You can double this recipe and bake the peanut butter cookies bars in a standard rimmed cookie sheet. You will need to increase the baking time by 4-8 minutes.
COOK’S TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS – PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE BARS WITH DARK CHOCOLATE CHUNKS:
ONE YEAR AGO: Skinny Lasagna Roll-Ups
TWO YEARS AGO: Tuscan Tortellini Bake
THREE YEARS AGO: 4-Ingredient Pumpkin Blossom Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars with Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lightly salted dry roasted peanuts chopped
- 8 ozs dark chocolate cut into chunks
- PREPARE OVEN AND PAN: Move oven rack to middle position, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9x13-inch pan with heavy duty foil, and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- MAKE COOKIE DOUGH: Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl. Add brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl, and beat until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- WIth mixer on low, beat in egg and vanilla extract. Stop mixer, add flour, and pulse mixer until combined. Stir in chopped peanuts and chocolate chunks until evenly distributed. Press cookie dough prepared pan.
- BAKE COOKIE BARS: Bake for 18-22 minutes or until center is set. Move pan to wire rack to cool completely. Remove cookie bars from pan using foil overhang, and cut into 24 bars.
Makes 24 cookie bars
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- The New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - August 19, 2019
- How to Reheat Quiche Tutorial - August 17, 2019
- Easy Broccoli Quiche Recipe – less than $5.00 to make! - August 17, 2019