These Dipped Pretzel Rods are dipped in vanilla candy coating and covered in colorful sprinkles. They’re fun snacks that kids will love both making and eating!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Monsters University. All opinions are my own.
Dipped Pretzel Rods
This summer, I took Mia, my 3-year-old, to see Monsters University. She LOVED it. When I told her we were headed to Walmart to pick up the Monsters University DVD PLUS ingredients these Dipped Pretzel Rods, she just about lost her mind! To say I had an excited 3-year-old on my hands would be an understatement.
I have adopted the following quote as my motherhood theme:
And not idle time, but quality time. Last weekend we accomplished this by making some kid-friendly treats together and snuggling up on the couch to watch Monsters University.
First came the snacks, Dipped & Decorated Pretzel Rods.
My daughter loved making these dipped pretzel rods with me, and this was a treat she could pretty much do all on her own (with supervision, of course). Dipping them in the candy melts and then dousing them with the different sprinkles were her favorite parts.
The hardest part was having her wait until the chocolate hardened to eat them!
I found all of the ingredients and project materials at Walmart.
The sprinkles I found on the baking aisle, and by luck, they were the PERFECT color combinations for our Monsters University-themed treats.
Recipe & Project Materials:
After the dipped pretzel rods were made, we settled in to watch Monsters University. I loved this movie because it had you rooting for the underdog, but even more, I loved watching it through the eyes of my 3-year-old. Feeling her excitement and anticipation of what’s going to happen next was a definite highlight.
Cook’s Notes – Dipped Pretzel Rods:
- After a while, the candy melts start to thicken up. When this happens, pop them back in the microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and continue using.
- This recipe is versatile and can be made for any holiday or celebration. Simply change the colors of the candy melts and sprinkles.
More Candy Recipes:
- Peppermint Patty Candy
- Buckeye Candy
- Peppermint Bark Candy
- Christmas Divinity Candy
- Candy Corn Snack Mix
- Beth’s Totally Addicting Peanut Brittle
- Copycat Avalanche Cookies
Dipped Pretzel Rods
- 24 ounces pretzel rods from (2) 12-ounce packages
- 12 ounce bag Wilton blue candy melts
- 12 ounce bag Wilton white candy melts
- Assorted Sprinkles
- Line a countertop with wax paper.
- Sort the pretzel rods and set aside only the whole, unbroken ones.
- In two separate bowls, melt the candy melts as per package instructions.
- Transfer the candy melts to a tall glass.
- Dip the pretzel rods into the desired color.
- Add your desired sprinkles.
- Place the pretzel rods on the wax paper. Allow the pretzels to dry, about 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!