The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This classic Deviled Eggs recipe is always a crowd favorite at every party and barbecue. They’re the perfect mouth-full of comfort food.
Easter egg hunts and deviled eggs go together like bread and butter. I cannot go to an Easter egg hunt without a platter of deviled eggs in tow. They are a staple at any springtime potluck or picnic. This deviled eggs recipe makes a beautiful creamy mixture to fill the egg whites with. I usually have to double or triple the recipe to ensure there are enough for my family. Make sure to snag a few for yourself before letting your friends and family have at them. They will absolutely love these deviled eggs!
Hard Boiled Eggs Week
With Easter on its way, I thought that it was best to dedicate an entire week to Hard Boiled Eggs! You’ll find this recipe and more recipe ideas and uses for Hard Boiled Eggs.
COMMON DEVILED EGG RECIPE QUESTIONS:
How far in advance can I make deviled eggs?
The secret to making deviled eggs ahead of time is to keep the egg whites and the egg yolk filling mixture separately. You can do this up to two days ahead of time. You will need to cover the egg white halves entirely with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Fill a Ziploc bag with the yolk mixture and squeeze the air out when sealing it closed.
What makes a food deviled?
The food isn’t evil right?! So what makes it deviled? It actually comes from the early 1700s and was a term used to cook anything with spicy seasonings and condiments such as mustard. Today it is typically used to describe deviled eggs and deviled ham.
7 Best Deviled Egg Flavor Variations:
- Bacon and Chive – Follow the directions below, but add 2 finely chopped bacon slices to the filling along with 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped chives.
- Bacon and Avocado – Everything is better with bacon, right?! Besides bacon, what I love about this recipe is the use of dreamy, creamy, avocado!!
- Crab – Follow the recipe below, but fold in 4 ounces of crabmeat to the filling. The filling will be super thick so you will need to spoon in the filling rather than pipe it. Also, instead of using paprika, dish the eggs with some Old Bay Seasoning.
- Chipotle – You’ll love the kick of flavor and spice with these deviled eggs!
- Blue Cheese – Add 3 tablespoons of crumbled blue cheese to the recipe below.
- Barbecue – These would be the perfect appetizer for summertime barbecues!
- Dill Pickle – Follow the recipe below, but use yellow mustard instead of Dijon, and add 1 tablespoon of finely chopped dill pickles and 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill to the filling.
- You can make this recipe up to 2 days in advance with just a slight modification. Follow the recipe below through step 5. Then, store the yolk mixture in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator (make sure you squeeze as much air as possible out of the bag). Place the egg white halves on a plate an wrap them with a double layer of tight plastic wrap. 30 minutes before serving, remove the whites and yolk mixture from the refrigerator. Finally, fill the egg halves with the yolk mixture, dust with paprika, and serve!
- mixing bowls
- round egg platter
- avocado masher
- large open-star tip
- pastry bag
ONE YEAR AGO: Skillet Pork Chops
TWO YEARS AGO: Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
THREE YEARS AGO: Cranberry Curry Rice
- 7 large hard-boiled eggs
- 3 ½ Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- dash ground paprika
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Separate the egg yolks and place them into a medium bowl. Put the whites on a serving platter and set aside.
- Use a fork or avocado masher to mash the yolks. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the yolk mixture together until smooth and combined.
- Place a large open-star tip inside a pastry bag, and fill the bag with the filling. Pipe the filling into the egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve the eggs at room temperature.