The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Air Fryer Pasta Chips are crispy, perfectly seasoned, and ideal for dipping in my Whipped Feta Dip or marinara sauce.
This recipe costs $1.82 to make four servings. Therefore, it costs about $0.45 per serving.
I love making recipes in the air fryer. For more recipes using the Air Fryer, check out my Air Fryer Steak Bites, Air Fryer Eggplant Fries, and my Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower.
For a fun appetizer or healthier snack option, this recipe for Pasta Chips made in the Air Fryer is a fantastic choice. After cooking it in the air fryer, the pasta becomes crunchy, crispy, and cheesy.
Air Fryer Pasta Chips quickly became a tik tok trend that I fully support! It is a quick and easy recipe perfect for dipping in Whipped Feta Dip, marinara sauce, or any other of your favorite dips.
This bite-sized snack is tossed with spices and parmesan cheese and then air-fried until crispy. You can make fresh pasta for the recipe, or it is a great way to use up leftover plain short pasta.
Carb lovers will love this healthier option of crunchy garlic-parmesan flavored pasta at your next game day party, as an afternoon snack, or appetizer at any other gathering.
INGREDIENTS AND COST
Per Serving Cost: $0.45
Recipe Cost: $1.82
- 2 cups whole wheat farfalle pasta – $0.35
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil – $0.14
- ½ cup Parmesan – $0.99
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning – $0.13
- 1 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 1 teaspoon black pepper – $0.07
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder – $0.03
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes – $0.10
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, boil the pasta per the packet instructions. Drain the pasta in preparation to season it.
- Toss the pasta with olive oil, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and red chili flakes until all the pasta is covered in the seasonings.
- Next, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Cook in batches for 12-15 minutes, tossing the basket a couple of times throughout the cooking time.
- Finally, remove the pasta chips from the air fryer and allow them to cool before serving.
Feel free to substitute any short pasta for the farfalle. For example, elbow, penne, rigatoni, ziti, or rotini will work well with this recipe.
You can use gluten-free pasta in this recipe.
If you don’t have an air fryer, then you can bake these at 375 degrees F for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown.
SERVE: Serve these chips plain or with marinara or pizza sauce, or whipped feta dip.
STORE: These air fryer pasta chips will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
FREEZE: Once the chips are cooled, place them in a freezer-safe container and freeze for 1-2 months.
- Air Fryer
- Medium pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon
One reason pasta chips may be too hard is how the pasta was cooked before placing it in the air fryer. After cooking it in the air fryer, under or over-cooking the pasta will not result in the right texture. Be sure to cook the pasta according to the package directions and cook it al-dente before frying it.
Do you love the extra crunchy side pieces in lasagna or mac and cheese that stick up out of the sauce when baking it in the oven? Those pieces become crunchy and full of flavor. That is exactly what these Air Fryer Pasta chips taste like!
Pasta Chips are healthier than potato chips with that same great crunch and flavor, if not better! On average, pasta chips contain 60% less fat than potato chips.
- Chicken & Waffle Sliders
- Game Day Snack Board
- Ultimate Nachos
- Homemade French Onion Dip
- Cinnamon Sugar Smoked Almonds
- Movie Theater Popcorn
- Charcuterie Board Basics
- Aloha Salsa
- Greek Inspired Cucumber Sliders
- Watermelon Pizza
Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- 2 cups whole wheat farfalle pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions for al dante pasta (it should be firm to the bite), drain the pasta, and set aside.
- Toss the boiled pasta with olive oil, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and red chili flakes until evenly coated.
PREHEAT AIR FRYER:
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Air fry in batches for 12-15 minutes or until golden and crispy, tossing the basket a couple of times in between.
COOL AND SERVE:
- Remove the pasta chips from the air fryer and allow it to cool slightly before serving.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
I made these today and my kids gobbled them up almost before I tasted one. Great recipe. Will definitely make them again!
Oh how fun! I love how you made the pasta chips with farfalle. So so perfect for pairing with your whipped feta dip.
Wow, what a fantastic appetizer or snack. Like the idea of dipping them in whipped feta. Yummy!
This is such a cool idea!! I never knew you could turn regular pasta into chips – that is genius! Can’t wait to make it with my kids this weekend!