The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This easy vegetarian broccoli quiche recipe costs just $4.48 to make, and it has a creamy smooth custard interior, and it’s filled to the brim with broccoli and sharp white cheddar cheese. This broccoli quiche recipe is for any meal: breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!
Why I love this Broccoli Quiche
What I love most about quiche is the creamy, savory, custard-like interior. The next best thing is the fact that it’s not fussy. Like at all!
You can serve quiche warm or at room temperature. This means you can make it well in advance if you’re entertaining or have a busy week. Plus, you can eat it for any meal; breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!
Easy Broccoli Cheese Quiche
I also love the versatility of quiche. You can make it with all sorts of fillings: bacon, ham, sausage, spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, tomato, basil, and any cheese, too!
I love the classic combination of broccoli and cheddar, and it’s so tasty in a quiche!
This easy vegetarian broccoli quiche recipe has a creamy smooth custard interior, and it’s filled with broccoli and sharp white cheddar cheese.
Broccoli Cheese Quiche ingredients and cost
RECIPE COST: $4.48
COST PER SERVING: $0.56
NOTE: I calculate the recipe prices using name-brand grocery prices on grocery store websites.
- 9-inch frozen pie crust – $1.19
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil – $0.13
- 1 medium yellow onion – $0.48
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets – $0.70
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar – $1.11
- 3 large eggs – $0.30
- 2 large egg yolks – $0.10
- 1 cup half and half – $0.44
- 1/2 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper – $0.02
- You can use fresh or frozen broccoli for this recipe. If you use frozen broccoli (what I usually use), ensure it’s thawed and drained before adding it to the quiche.
- If you use fresh broccoli, place it in a microwave-safe bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Cook it for 3 minutes to soften the broccoli.
- This recipe can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Leftovers can be stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours or covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- I used Pillsbury 9-inch frozen deep pie crust for this recipe. (I didn’t make my crust, but frozen crusts taste amazing. Plus, it makes this recipe a little easier!)
- I highly recommend using a good-quality sharp white cheddar for this recipe, like Kerrygold.
How to store Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
Can you freeze Broccoli Cheddar Quiche?
Yes! Let the quiche cool to room temperature before wrapping it in 2 layers of plastic wrap and foil.
To reheat, remove the foil and plastic and bake at 350°F oven for about 25 minutes or until heated.
Broccoli Quiche Recipe FAQs
You will want to prebake the crust through “blind baking.” Just bake the crust before you add the filling to the crust so it does not become soggy while it is baking after you add the filling to the crust.
You can reheat in a 350°F oven for about 25 minutes or until heated. Heat a slice in the microwave at 50% power for 2-3 minutes.
Check out my How to Reheat Quiche Tutorial post for even more details!
If you use fresh broccoli, place it in a microwave-safe bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Cook it for 3 minutes to soften the broccoli. You can use fresh or frozen broccoli for this recipe. If you use frozen broccoli (what I usually use), make sure it’s thawed and drained before adding it to the quiche.
Although this quiche recipe includes broccoli, there are better options than this one. Considering it contains full-fat cheese, half-and-half, and a buttery crust.
Yes, prebake the crust for a quiche. This will ensure it doesn’t have a soggy bottom.
More Quiche Recipes:
- 9- inch frozen deep pie crust in aluminum tin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped into bite-sized pieces (*fresh or frozen see note)
- 4 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place oven rack in the middle position, place a cookie sheet on oven rack and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Take pie crust out of the freezer and let it stand for 10 minutes. Prick crust 25 times with a fork. Place pie crust on the preheated cookie sheet in the oven, and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- While pie crust bakes, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and edges begin to brown, about 6-8 minutes. Add onions, broccoli florets, and cheese to the bottom of pre-baked pie crust.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, yolks, half-and-half, salt, and pepper until combined. Pour mixture over pie crust. Bake quiche on top of cookie sheet 35-40 minute or until quiche is set and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Move quiche to wire rack and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
*If you use fresh broccoli, then place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Cook it for 3 minutes just to soften the broccoli. *Serves 4-8 (depending on what else you will be serving with the quiche).