This easy vegetarian broccoli quiche recipe costs just $4.48 to make, and it has a creamy smooth custard interior, and it’s filled to the brim with broccoli and sharp white cheddar cheese. This broccoli quiche recipe is for any meal: breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!
What I love most about quiche is the creamy, savory, custard-like interior. The next best thing is the fact that it’s not fussy. Like at all! You can serve quiche warm, or at room temperature. This means you can make it well in advance if you’re entertaining or if you have a busy week coming up. Plus you can literally eat it for any meal; breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!
Easy Broccoli Quiche
I also love the versatility of quiche. You can make it with all sorts of fillings: bacon, ham, sausage, spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, tomato, basil, and basically any kind of cheese, too! I love the classic combination of broccoli and cheddar, and in a quiche, it’s so tasty!
This easy vegetarian broccoli quiche recipe has a creamy smooth custard interior, and it’s filled with broccoli and sharp white cheddar cheese.
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche Questions Answered:
Should you prebake the crust for quiche?
Yes! You will want to prebake the crust when making this quiche. The rule of thumb for pre-baking crusts is to prebake it when the filling is wet. This procedure is called “blind baking” but you do not have to be blindfolded to do it! Just bake the crust before you add the filling to the crust, so it does not become soggy while it is baking after you add the filling to the crust.
What goes with Broccoli quiche?
What is the difference between frittata and quiche?
If frittata and quiche are both made with eggs and additional add-ins like cheese, veggies, and meats, then what is the difference between the two dishes? Cooking Clarified helps give a great description of the differences between the two meals. Basically, quiche has a crust with a creamy filling. Whereas, a frittata has no crust with a little cream.
How do you make Broccoli quiche?
To make broccoli cheddar quiche first blind bake the pie crust for about 10 minutes. Next, cook the onion in the preheated oil until the onions are translucent. Then, add the onions, broccoli, and cheese to the pie crust. Next, in another bowl whisk together the eggs, yolks, half-and-half, salt, and pepper until combined. Finally, pour the mixture over the pie crust and bake it for about 35 minutes.
Cook’s Note – Broccoli Quiche Recipe:
- You can use fresh or frozen broccoli for this recipe. If you use frozen broccoli (what I usually use), just make sure that it’s thawed and drained before you add it to the quiche.
- If you use fresh broccoli, place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Cook it for 3 minutes just to soften the broccoli.
- This recipe can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Leftovers can be stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours, or covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- I used Pillsbury 9-inch frozen deep pie crust for this recipe. (I didn’t make my own crust, but honestly frozen crusts taste amazing. Plus it makes this recipe a little easier!)
- I highly recommend using a good-quality sharp white cheddar for this recipe like Kerrygold.
How Much will this Broccoli Quiche Cost?
RECIPE COST: $4.48
COST PER SERVING: $0.56
- 9-inch frozen pie crust – $1.19
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil – $0.13
- 1 medium yellow onion – $0.48
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets – $0.70
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar – $1.11
- 3 large eggs – $0.30
- 2 large egg yolks – $0.10
- 1 cup half and half – $0.44
- 1/2 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper – $0.02
Disclosure: This Easy Broccoli Cheese recipe includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools – Broccoli Quiche Recipe:
IF YOU LOVE QUICHE, THEN TRY OTHER DELICIOUS QUICHE RECIPES:
- Cheesy Zucchini Quiche with Basil
- Quiche Lorraine
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Easy Sausage Quiche
- Crustless Spinach Quiche
Easy Broccoli Quiche Recipe
- 9- inch frozen deep pie crust in aluminum tin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped into bite-sized pieces (*fresh or frozen see note)
- 4 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place oven rack in the middle position, place a cookie sheet on oven rack and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Take pie crust out of the freezer and let it stand for 10 minutes. Prick crust 25 times with a fork. Place pie crust on the preheated cookie sheet in the oven, and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- While pie crust bakes, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and edges begin to brown, about 6-8 minutes. Add onions, broccoli florets, and cheese to the bottom of pre-baked pie crust.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, yolks, half-and-half, salt, and pepper until combined. Pour mixture over pie crust. Bake quiche on top of cookie sheet 35-40 minute or until quiche is set and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Move quiche to wire rack and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
*If you use fresh broccoli, then place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Cook it for 3 minutes just to soften the broccoli.
Serves 4-8 (depending on what else you will be serving with the quiche).