This velvety Chocolate Fondue recipe is fuss-free and so rich and decadent! It only has four ingredients and takes just 15 minutes to make!
Easy Chocolate Fondue Recipe
Now doesn’t that look divine? I love fondue, especially from the restaurant The Melting Pot. It’s usually my go-to spot for special occasions and birthdays, but unfortunately, I do not currently live close to one. And that why I developed this Easy Chocolate Fondue recipe. It’s almost a copycat of theirs and it’s so easy to make!
Now anytime there’s a birthday, special occasion, or holiday (like Valentine’s Day) I whip up fondue. I serve my Copycat Spinach Artichoke Fondue recipe for dinner and this easy Chocolate Fondue recipe for desserts. If you’re vegan, don’t worry I’ve got you covered! Here’s a fabulous recipe for Vegan Dark Chocolate Fondue!
This fondue tastes amazing! It’s made with both milk and dark chocolate and even a bit of peanut butter, too! This recipe is my go-to when I host a ladies lunch, bridal shower, or baby shower. Everyone raves about it and it’s always the first dish to be eaten!
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
There are so many possibilities for chocolate fondue dippers! Below I’ve included a list of party-goers favorites!
Chocolate Fondue Dippers:
Rice Krispie Treats cubes
Pound cake cubes
Brownie cubes (everyone always loves chocolate on chocolate!)
Cook’s Note for Chocolate Fondue Recipe:
- I highly recommend Hershey’s chocolate for this recipe.
- The recipe below has directions for making the chocolate fondue in a Cuisinart Electric Fondue Pot, or on the stove in a double-broiler.
ONE YEAR AGO: Peanut Brittle
TWO YEARS AGO: Bread Bowls
THREE YEARS AGO: Sichuan Style Orange Beef
Easy Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 4.4 ounces Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars chopped into small pieces
- 2 4.4 ounces Hershey's Dark Chocolate Bars chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
Cuisinart Electric Fondue Pot Instructions:
- Place the Cuisinart Fondue Pot on setting 4 ½. Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Once the cream starts to simmer, lower heat to setting 4 and add half of the chocolate pieces. Stir with a rubber spatula until smooth and creamy.
- Repeat with the remaining chocolate. Add the peanut butter and stir constantly until incorporated.
- Reduce the temperature to Setting 3 to serve the fondue immediately with your favorite dippers.
- Place 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium-low heat. Place a medium bowl over the simmering water and add the chocolate and cream. Let the mixture sit for a minute, and then stir constantly until completely melted about 5-10 minutes. ***Be careful to not let the steam from the simmering water get into your chocolate mixture, this will undoubtedly seize the chocolate. If a lot of steam is escaping, lower the temperature.***
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the peanut butter and stir until incorporated. Pour into a bowl and serve immediately with your favorite dippers.
This Chocolate Fondue Recipe first appeared on FFF on February 1, 2015. I have recently updated the pictures and some of the originals are below.