Hot chocolate and whipped cream are a classic combination for a reason. This 5-minute whipped hot chocolate recipe takes it to the next level, creating a creamy, decadent, irresistible treat.
This recipe costs approximately $1.95 to make. The recipe makes two servings and costs around $0.97 per serving.
Table of Contents
Whip Cream Hot Chocolate
Are you ready to transform your ordinary hot chocolate into extraordinary? After making this creamy drink, you’ll never want to make a traditional hot chocolate recipe again.
This recipe creates a chocolate cloud-like presentation ideal for all chocolate lovers! It is better than what you can order at Starbucks or any other restaurant; the cloud of creamy goodness this recipe creates is irresistible and a fun drink the whole family can enjoy.
Whipped Hot Cocoa will quickly become your favorite way to enjoy a warm drink. Following four simple steps, you will have a fun way to impress your friends and family all winter.
What You’ll Love About This Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe:
- Customizable: Set up a hot cocoa bar and let everyone top the hot chocolate with whatever they like best. Everyone can drink
- Creamy Texture: This recipe takes a regular cup of hot chocolate to the next level, creating a rich and creamy warm cup of hot cocoa.
- 3 Ingredient Recipe: The great thing about this recipe is that it only needs three simple ingredients and five minutes to make. It is easy peasy!
Ingredients and Estimated Cost:
Per Serving Cost: $0.97
Recipe Cost: $1.95
- ¼ cup dry hot chocolate mix – $0.22
- 5 Tablespoons heavy cream – $0.80
- 3 cups milk – $0.93
NOTE: The calculation above do not include any optional toppings. The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in December 2023.
How To Make Whipped Hot Chocolate
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, beat the hot chocolate powder and the heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Then, heat the milk in a saucepan or microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Pour the warm milk into a glass or mug, then top with the whipped hot chocolate.
- Finally, garnish with your favorite toppings, such as mini marshmallows, chocolate sprinkles, chocolate syrup, hot fudge, chocolate shavings, a candy cane, or mini chocolate chips, and serve.
- Extra Chocolatey: Instead of regular milk, use chocolate milk for an extra chocolatey treat. You can also drizzle chocolate sauce down the inside of the mugs before adding the hot milk – folks love this extra little touch!
- Spiced: Add a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger to the hot chocolate mix.
- Minty: Add ⅛ teaspoon of peppermint extract to the whipped topping.
- Caramel: Drizzle with caramel sauce or sprinkle with sea salt caramel chips.
- Chocolate Orange: Add a teaspoon of orange zest to the whipped topping.
SERVE: Serve with toppings of your choice like mini marshmallows, chocolate pieces, shaved chocolate, sprinkles, candy canes, maraschino Cheries, etc.
STORE: Store the hot chocolate whipped cream for up to 12 hours in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Before serving, heat the milk and add the whipped cream mixture.
FREEZE: This recipe doesn’t freeze well do I don’t recommend freezing it.
You can use white or chocolate milk with this recipe. As for the type of milk, I recommend using anything but skim milk. Like whole milk or 2% milk, milk with a higher content tastes better.
You can serve this drink hot or cold. I prefer to serve it hot, but you can serve it cold without warming the milk.
More Christmas Recipes
Whipped Hot Chocolate
- liquid measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- stand mixer or handheld mixer
- mixing bowl
- ¼ cup dry hot chocolate mix
- 5 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 cups milk white or chocolate
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Chocolate Syrup or Hot Fudge Sauce
- Chocolate Shavings
- Mini Chocolate Chips
MAKE WHIPPED TOPPING:
- In a medium bowl, whisk or use a hand mixer to beat hot chocolate mix and heavy cream until stiff and creamy.
- Heat milk in a saucepan or a microwave-safe container.
- Pour the heated milk into a glass or mug.
- Top with whipped hot chocolate.
- Garnish with mini marshmallows, chocolate sprinkles, chocolate syrup or hot fudge, chocolate shavings, mini chocolate chips, etc (all optional).
- Serve immediately