The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on How To Make Hot Chocolate Bombs. Make six cocoa bombs for less than the price of one at chocolate shops and high-end food stores!
About $2.26 is all it costs to make these Hot Chocolate Bombs. This recipe makes six servings and costs $0.38 per serving.
For another fun version, try my Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb recipe.
How to Make Hot Chocolate Bombs
These are so fun to make and to enjoy. They are chocolate spheres filled with cocoa mix and mini marshmallows. As you pour warm milk over the chocolate spheres, they melt and release the cocoa powder and marshmallows to create the perfect creamy hot chocolate drink.
With the silicone molds, these Hot Chocolate Bombs are easier to make than you think. You can make them for gifts to give with a cute mug or treat yourself on a chilly night. No matter how you use them, they will be a hit and save you a trip to the store!
How do you store hot chocolate bombs?
Store them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag at room temperature for up to two weeks. They will stay fresh a little bit longer if you store them in the refrigerator.
How long do I Microwave milk for hot chocolate?
To heat milk in the microwave, cook it for 1 ½ minute on HIGH. Add in the Hot Chocolate Bomb to the warm milk, and you will have a perfect cup of Hot Chocolate.
What is hot chocolate bombs?
They are a popular way to make Hot Chocolate. They are round balls of chocolate filled with cocoa powder and mini marshmallows.
After you pour warm milk over the bomb, the cocoa powder and marshmallows come out, and the chocolate melts, giving you a creamy, indulgent drink that is dreamy.
How To Make Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe:
STEP ONE: First, make the chocolate spheres. Using the silicone molds, add ½ Tablespoon of melted chocolate into each silicone mold. Use a spoon or paintbrush to spread the chocolate into the mold.
STEP TWO: Let the chocolate harden for five minutes in the fridge.
STEP THREE: Remove the chocolate spheres from the molds. Fill one side of the globe with hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows.
STEP FOUR: Next, heat a microwave-safe plate in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Place the unfilled half of the chocolate sphere open side down onto the hot plate to melt the rim.
STEP FIVE: Then, place the two open ends of the spheres together and smooth out any extra chocolate around the seam.
STEP SIX: Finally, place a hot chocolate bomb in a mug and pour warm milk over the top. Stir and serve.
- Silicone molds
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- food-safe paintbrush or spoon
- Microwave-safe plate
How much will this Hot Chocolate Bombs recipe cost:
RECIPE COST: $2.26
PER SERVING COST: $0.38
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- ½ pound chocolate or white almond bark – $1.92
- 4 ½ Tablespoons hot cocoa mix – $0.34
- 1 ½ Tablespoons mini marshmallows – $0.04
How Long Are They Good For:
SERVE: Once you add warm milk to the hot chocolate bomb, you will want to drink it within 15-20 minutes before it gets cold.
STORE: Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature or the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
FREEZE: You can freeze hot chocolate bombs; you need to make sure they are wrapped and stored carefully. I like to wrap individual spheres in 2 layers of plastic wrap and foil. I then place them in a glass freezer-safe container. Stored this way, they will keep for about 6 months.
More Drink Recipes:
- White Hot Chocolate
- Non-Alcoholic Punch
- Italian Soda
- Virgin Pina Colada
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
How To Make Hot Chocolate Bombs
- ½ pound chocolate or white almond bark
- 4 ½ Tablespoons hot cocoa mix
- 1 ½ Tablespoon mini marshmallows
MAKE CHOCOLATE SPHERES:
- Melt the almond bark as per the package instructions.
- Add ½ Tablespoon of melted chocolate into each of the silicone mold wells.
- Using the paintbrush or spoon, spread the chocolate evenly around the mold, making sure to get up to the edges.
- Allow chocolate to harden and repeat layering on more chocolate until you have done about 3-4 layers.
- Allow chocolate to completely hard for 5 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Then, gently remove the chocolate spheres from the molds.
FILL CHOCOLATE BOMBS:
- Fill one side of the sphere with 1 ½ tablespoon of hot chocolate mix and ½ tablespoon of mini marshmallows.
- Heat a microwave-safe plate in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or until hot.
- Place the unfilled half of the chocolate sphere open side down onto the hot plate to melt the rim.
- Quickly place the two open ends of the spheres together and smooth out any extra chocolate around the seam.
- Repeat with the remaining chocolate spheres, cocoa mix, and marshmallow.
- Place a hot chocolate bomb in a mug and pour warm milk, cream, or half-and-half over the top to melt and reveal the hot chocolate within.¼
- Stir and serve.
- The nutrition information below is just for the hot chocolate bomb. It does not include warm milk, half-and-half, or cream to mix the bomb with.
- You will need about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cup of milk, cream, or half-and-half to melt the chocolate sphere.