Garlic Cheese Breadsticks are perfect for pizza nights, parties, or just because! These breadsticks taste like they came right from your favorite pizzeria!
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy an item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter!
These Garlic Cheese Breadsticks are SO good, they’re like taste bud heaven! My little 4-year-old actually prefers these to pizza, and some days I do as well. I love the burst of garlic that they get from them.
COOK’S NOTE – GARLIC CHEESE BREADSTICKS:
- While I use pizza sauce to dip these breadsticks into, you can use pesto or ranch dressing too!
Cook’s Tools – Carlic Cheese Breadsticks:
ONE YEAR AGO: Bread Bowls from Frozen Bread Dough
TWO YEARS AGO: Orange Beef
THREE YEARS AGO: Easy Chocolate Fondue
- ½ my pizza dough recipe
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 4 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- FOR SERVING:
- pizza sause warmed for dipping
- Prepare pizza dough recipe thru step 7.
- Move oven rack to the second highest position. Place a pizza stone on the rack and preheat oven to 500 degrees F for at least 30 minutes.
- Place parchment paper on top of the pizza peel and sprinkle cornmeal over the top. Move dough ball to the pizza peel and press dough out into a 14-inch circle by gently stretching and pressing the dough. (I find it’s best that once the dough is pressed out into an 8-inch circle to place the palm of my hand in the center and gently pull the dough by the edges to get it to 14 inches). If the dough is really snapping back while you’re trying to press and stretch it, then cover it with a damp paper towel and let the dough relax for 5-10 minutes before starting again to get the dough to 14 inches.
- Place the butter, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and parsley in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for about 20-30 seconds, or until the butter is melted. Stir the mixture together and use a pastry brush to brush it over the dough.
- Sprinkle the dough evenly with the grated Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Once the pizza stone has been preheated at 500 degrees F for at least 30 minutes, use the pizza peel to slide the dough and parchment onto of the preheated pizza stone. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the crust is beautifully golden and the cheese is bubbly. Use the pizza peel to remove the breadsticks from the oven. Let the breadsticks sit for 5 minutes, and then slice into 12 breadsticks. Serve with warm pizza sauce.
- Makes 12 breadsticks.
Makes 12 breadsticks.