The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Italian Salad with homemade Italian Dressing made with romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, onion, basil, parsley, and more! It’s a delicious and easy year-round side that everyone is sure to enjoy.
This Italian Salad serves twelve and costs about $9.94 to make. That is just $0.83 per serving. This salad makes the perfect side dish for almost any meal, especially my Italian Sausage Lasagna, Slow Cooker Baked Ziti, or my New York-Style Thin Crust Pizza.
Italian Salad & Italian Salad Dressing
This Italian Salad recipe is my go-to recipe when I need an easy recipe to complete a meal. It is so versatile because you can customize it to add your favorite veggies or just use what you have on hand.
This chopped Italian Salad makes a big salad allowing you to serve a crowd. It goes well with entrees other than just classic Italian dishes. Try serving it with my favorite Shepherd’s Pie.
The best part of this recipe is the homemade Italian dressing. The dressing is exceptionally fresh-tasting and so full of flavor. You will want to toss the store-bought bottle sitting in your fridge after making this Italian Salad dressing recipe.
Get your lettuce and veggies chopped while your entree is cooking, and you will be enjoying this Italian Salad in no time at all!
What is an Italian chopped salad?
It’s an easy side dish full of your favorite veggies such as tomatoes, pepperoncini peppers, and red onions. The salad is topped with a homemade dressing that is even easier to make and tastes even better.
What is Italian dressing used for?
Of course, you use it to top off your green salad. However, there are several other reasons to use this dressing. You can use it as a marinade for meat or veggies, use it in stir-frys, on sandwiches, or in a pasta salad.
How to make Italian Salad with Italian Salad Dressing:
STEP ONE: First, add the lettuce, veggies, croutons, herbs, and cheese into a bowl. Toss well and set aside.
STEP TWO: Then, in another bowl, add the dressing ingredients and whisk together.
STEP THREE: Pour the dressing into a gravy bowl or other container to use. (This will make pouring it over the salad a lot easier).
STEP FOUR: Finally, add the dressing to the salad and serve. Enjoy!
How much will this Italian Salad with Dressing cost to make?
RECIPE COST: $9.94
PER SERVING COST: $0.83
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 8 cups Romain Lettuce – $2.00
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes – $1.97
- ½ cup sliced red onion – $0.48
- 1 cup seasoned croutons – $0.45
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan Reggiano – $0.99
- ½ cup pepperoncini peppers – $0.54
- 2 tbsp fresh basil – $0.60
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley – $0.28
- ½ cup white wine vinegar – $0.48
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning – $0.39
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil – $1.74
- I suggest letting folks pour the Italian dressing over their salad. This will help if there are leftovers because dressed salad won’t keep, but the undressed salad will!
- This salad will stay keep covered in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
- large salad serving bowl
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
- mixing bowl
More Italian Recipes:
How to Make Italian Soda at Home
Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
Italian Sausage Lasagna Recipe
Shortcut Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
Skinnier Lasagna Roll-Ups with Mushrooms and Spinach
Italian Salad with Italian Salad Dressing
- 8 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan Reggiano
- ½ cup pepperoncini peppers
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, tomatoes, onion, croutons, peppers, basil, and parsley. Add cheese. Toss to combine and set aside.
- In a small bowl add vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning. Use a whisk to mix vigorously for 30 seconds. Add the dressing to a gravy bowl or measuring cup to pour.
- Serve salad, passing the dressing separately.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
This salad was by far my family’s favorite!
Such a yummy recipe and perfect for a summer day! I made it without the onions and it was still delicious!