Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers is a classic Italian-American comfort food dish. I’ve added my own spin on it by cooking it in the crockpot! In this post, you’ll also find make ahead and freezer meal directions!
This Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers recipe is in one word: effortless! You literally dump all of the ingredients into the slow cooker insert and let it cook! This recipe is loaded with peppers, onion, and Italian sausage! I love this recipe because you make your own sauce to go along with it that is incredibly easy to make!
This crockpot Sausage and Peppers recipe is fabulous for weeknight dinners, and it’s a favorite for serving for game day, tailgating, and even potlucks!
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Note – Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers:
- You can use a mix of hot, sweet or mild Italian sausage in this recipe, just use what you love! I personally like using a mix of hot and sweet.
- You can serve these on some nice Italian rolls or grinders as I did. They’re also delicious served over pasta or on their own!
- If you love sausage and peppers, then you need to try my Pasta recipe!
Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers MAKE AHEAD DIRECTIONS:
Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker insert and place in the fridge overnight. When you’re ready to cook the sausage and peppers, place the insert on the slow cooker base, and cook on high for 30 minutes, and then on low for 6 hours.
FREEZER MEAL DIRECTIONS:
Place all of the ingredients in a zip-top freezer bag. Squeeze all of the air out of the bag before sealing the top, and place in the freezer. These sausages and peppers will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months. From the freezer, add everything to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours, and then on low for 6 hours.
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- large slow cooker (This is the 3rd slow cooker I’ve tried, and the last one I’ll ever buy!)
ONE YEAR AGO: Pumpkin Cupcakes
TWO YEARS AGO: Pumpkin Blossom Cake
THEE YEARS AGO: Spicy Pumpkin Chili
Sausage and Peppers made in a Slow Cooker!
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 Italian sausage links thawed
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 fresh Italian sandwich rolls toasted
- Place the sauce ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the sausage, bell peppers, and onions; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in the chopped basil and serve over sandwich rolls.
More Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Kielbasa Kapusta
- Sweet Chipotle Pork Tacos
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Creamy Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast
This post first appeared on FFF on October 28, 2016. I’ve since updated the pictures, but here are some of the originals.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Three Cheese Calzones - January 17, 2020
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gyro Bowls - January 15, 2020
- Grandma’s Golumpki – Stuffed Polish Cabbage (Gołąbki) - January 14, 2020