Move over IHOP! My strawberry syrup is SO easy to make, and it takes only 4 INGREDIENTS! It’s perfect for pouring over the top of a big stack of pancakes.
Disclosure: This post for Strawberry Syrup Recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
Strawberries are coming into season, and their prices are amazing! I recently paid $0.88 a pound, and pick up a ton for baking, freezing, making jam, and this strawberry syrup recipe. I even tested a couple of ways to store strawberries and the best method kept strawberries for nearly 3 weeks. Check out the post: How to make Strawberries Last Longer.
I made 4 cups of this strawberry syrup and it was gone within a week! We used is as strawberry pancake syrup, made strawberry milk, strawberry lemonade, and strawberry frappes. All of these recipe are coming to the blog during the month of may, so be on the look out!
Making this strawberry syrup is SUPER easy. Plus you need only 4 ingredients. Let me show you how!
How to make Strawberry Syrup:
- Assemble your ingredients.
- Hull and cut the strawberries, and place everything into a large pot with a lid.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover and boil.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl.
- Pour the strawberry mixture in.
- Use a wooden spoon to press any liquid out of the strawberries.
- Return the strawberry liquid to the pot.
- Bring to a low boil. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the liquid reaches a syrupy consistency.
- Cool the mixture completely. Store the Strawberry Syrup in sanitized glass jars or bottles.
Cook’s Note – Strawberry Syrup Recipe:
- The Vanilla Bean Paste is completely optional in this recipe. I love the flavor it adds, but I like see those little vanilla seeds in my syrup. You can use a good-quality vanilla extract instead of the vanilla bean paste.
- This strawberry syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to a month, or at room temperature for a week.
- This strawberry syrup recipe makes about 4 cups of syrup. It can easily be halved or doubled!
Kitchen Equipment – Strawberry Syrup Recipe:
- Large Lidded Pot
- Strawberry Huller
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- Wooden Spoon
- Glass Storing Jars
- Glass Syrup Jar
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SYRUP VIDEO:
- 8 cups (or 1 kilogram) hulled strawberries, sliced in half
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoonvanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- In a large, lidded pot add all the ingredients. Over medium-high head bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl. Pour in the strawberry mixture, and work the mixture through the strainer. Use a wooden spoon to press the strawberries to release their liquid. Place strawberry solids in a container for a later use (perhaps freezer jam).
- Return the strawberry liquid back to the pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a low boil. Continue to boil, with the lid off, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the mixture thickens to a syrupy consistency.
- Let the syrup cool to room temperature, about 1-2 hours (it will thicken even more as it cools). Finally, pour the syrup in sterilized jars or bottles.