This Emergency Carrot Cake recipe is just the thing when you get a hankering for moist carrot cake and need it fast! It’s a simple recipe with all of the important elements: spicy moist cake and fluffy cream cheese frosting.
Disclosure: This post for Emergency Carrot Cake Recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
Have you ever had a carrot cake emergency? You know when the weather warms up and your sweet tooth starts talking to you. You start dreaming of spicy carrot cake and pools of fluffy cream cheese frosting, and no other cake will do. And that folks is a carrot cake emergency! Luckily I have us covered with this simple carrot cake recipe.
Cook’s Note – Emergency Carrot Cake Recipe:
- This cake will keep, covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- If you like carrot cake with nuts, 1 cup of chopped pecans can be added to the batter when you add the coconut.
Cook’s Tools – Emergency Carrot Cake Recipe:
Carrot Cake Recipe – Video Tutorial:
- CARROT CAKE:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened but still cool
- 5 Tablespoons butter softened, but still cool
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners' sugar
- FOR THE CAKE: Move oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt; set aside.
- Using large holes of a box grater, shred carrots (you should end up with about 3 cups); set aside. In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, and eggs on medium-high until combined, about 45 seconds. Reduce speed to low, and slowly pour in oil. Increase speed to high and mix until mixture is light in color and well blended, about 60-90 seconds. Turn mixer off and stir in carrots, dry ingredients, and coconut by hand until blended and no streaks of flour remain.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread into even layer. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes. Place cake on wire rack and cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: Once cake is cool make the frosting. Add cream cheese, butter, sour cream, and vanilla to bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Mix on high until combined, about 60 seconds, scraping down sides of bowl was needed. Add confectioners’ sugar and mix on high until nice and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- TO FINISH THE CAKE: Spread frosting evenly over cake using offset spatula. Cut carrot cake into squares and serve.
I’m a bit of a carrot cake addict. I have quite a few carrot cake recipes on my blog, check ’em out!