THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownies are made with chocolate brownies topped with peanut butter cups, peanuts, and smothered in a crunchy peanut-butter chocolate layer.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy an item after clicking my link.
You guys…these brownies are UNREAL! They just might be the most decadent brownies I’ve ever made! They are almost like 2 desserts in 1; a nice cakey brownie and a crunchy peanut butter cup chocolate fudge.
These Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownies are definitely a once in a while treat because they are so decadent! When I make them they’re usually for a party or potluck.
Dressing up brownies from brownie mixes is one of my avorite ways to make a quick and easy dessert. Here sre some of my favorite recipes that use boxed brownie mixes.
Cook’s Note – Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownies:
- I followed the directions on my boxed brownie mix to make cakey brownies. I did this because I didn’t want the brownies to have a shorter layer than the chocolate and peanut mixture on top. Plus, I think it balances this brownie well.
- These Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownies will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
Cook’s Tools & Ingredients – Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownies:
ONE YEAR AGO: Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls
TWO YEARS AGO: Meyer Lemon Upside Down Cornmeal Cake
THREE YEARS AGO: Dark Chocolate Pound Cake
Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownies
- 1 18-ounce box of your favorite brownie mix
- 9 Reese’s peanut butter cups chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- ¾ cup chocolate chips semisweet or milk chocolate
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- Line 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides, and spray the foil lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix and bake the brownies according to box directions.
- As soon as the brownies come out of the oven, top them the peanut butter cups and peanuts, distributing both evenly over the brownies.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter and cook for 30 seconds on 50% power. Give the mixture a stir and repeat heating and stirring until the chocolate chips have melted and everything is nice and smooth. Next, stir in the Rice Krispies Cereal until combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the top of the peanut butter cups and peanuts and gently smooth into an even layer. Cover with foil and chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 4 hours.
- Use the foil overhang to lift the brownies from the pan. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Makes 16 brownies.
Recipe adapted from How Sweet Eats.