THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Black Bean and Corn Salad is a zesty side dish or appetizer that is packed with corn, black beans, tomatoes, red bell pepper, jalapeño, avocado, cilantro, and lime zest.
Disclosure: This post for Black Bean and Corn Salad recipe includes affiliate links. See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
Whether you call this dish a salad or a salsa, some things remain the same:
- It’s such a quick and easy dish.
- It packs a lot of great flavor!
I constantly find myself making this Black Bean and Corn Salad as a side dish or as an appetizer for parties and potlucks. It’s also my go-to side dish for the summer, because it can be served at room temperature or chilled. Plus, no cooking is needed with this side dish!
I like serving this Black Bean and Corn Salad with all sorts of chicken dishes, pork dishes and even fish. Also, anytime I make my Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos or my Sweet Chipotle Pork Tacos, I almost always make this Black Bean and Corn Salsa to serve onto of the tacos or along side it.
Cook’s Note – Black Bean and Corn Salad:
- Leftovers will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Sometimes I add a Tablespoon of honey or and chipotle sauce to kick the flavors and heat up.
This Black Bean and Corn Salad calls for a pretty dish to serve it in. The one pictured came from Anthropologie a few years back, and unfortunately they do not sell it anymore. BUT, I searched Amazon for serving dishes that are just as pretty. Here are some of my picks that are readily available on Amazon.
Pretty Serving Dishes:
ONE YEAR AGO: Chicken in Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
TWO YEARS AGO: Lime Rice Pudding
THREE YEARS AGO: My Favorite Guacamole
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed kernels
- 1 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1 large jalapeño, minced
- 1 large avocado, diced small
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the salt, into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir until evenly mixed, and season with salt. Cover and let the salad sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving so the flavors have a chance to meld together.
- Cover and chill leftovers.