THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Bacon and Avocado Potato Salad Recipe is a new take on potato salad. Ditch the mayo and replace it with avocado, and then top with lots of crispy bacon!
Outdoor entertaining season is upon us! This means warmer weather, longer days, and potlucks! Today I’m sharing my new favorite side dish for potlucks, Bacon Avocado Potato Salad.
Whether I’m headed to a potluck or entertaining outdoors at home, I always go for recipes that are quick, easy, affordable to make, and tasty! This potato salad checks all of those boxes.
It’s no secret that I’m not too fond of mayo. This alone is the main reason why I don’t put it in my potato salad. I don’t put it in this recipe or my Summer’s Best Potato Salad.
Below are all of the ingredients that you need for this recipe.
Cook’s Note – Bacon Avocado Potato Salad:
- Keep a close watch on the potatoes when you’re cooking them. You don’t want to overcook them and end up with a mushy potato salad!
- The potato salad will keep chilled and covered for up to 3 days.
- I like to slice the bacon before cooking, so I get those lovely, golden edges on each piece. Heavenly.
Bacon Avocado Potato Salad Recipe
- 5 large red potatoes scrubbed and cut into 1-inch dice
- 6 ounces bacon
- 2 large Hass avocados mashed
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 large eggs hard-boiled and chopped
- Boil potatoes in a large saucepan until fork-tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and let cool while you cut the bacon.
- Slice bacon into 1/2-inch strips and cook in a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, about 5-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve a few pieces of bacon for garnish.
- In a large bowl mash the avocados until mostly smooth with just a few lumps. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, and red onion. Mix until combined.
- Add the hard-boiled eggs, potatoes, and bacon to the bowl. Toss until coated. Cover and chill for at least 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with reserved bacon.