The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
These Breakfast Waffle Tacos are just the easy weeknight brinner or breakfast recipe that you need for back-to-school! The breakfast tacos are loaded with sausage, potatoes, red and green peppers, and onions!
We all love quick, easy dinners for busy weeknights, right? Between running errands, school pickup/drop off, and extracurricular activities, quick and easy recipes are a MUST at my house! I especially love them for back-to-school time, because they help my family and I ease into a new routine. What I love more than a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe is a quick and easy BRINNER recipe! Because let’s face it, it’s one of my favorite nights of the week!
I like doing my shopping at my local Walmart because it literally has everything. I always find everything on my shopping list there, including the Jimmy Dean® Sausage Skillets and all the other ingredients for these Breakfast (or Brinner) Waffle Tacos.
Before you head to Walmart, make sure you check out this Shopkick offer for Tyson® products purchased at Walmart. Basically, you can earn up to 400 kicks (100 per product) that can be redeemed for gift cards or Fandango movie tickets!
Speaking of movies, you need to check out Teen Titans Go! To the Movies that’s coming to theaters on July 27. Visit the website. While there you can take a quiz to find out which Teen Titans Go! character you are, and find a great Shopkick offer!
Over on Instagram, I’ll be giving away 2 movie tickets to Teen Titans Go! To The Movies Check it out HERE and enter for a chance to win!
Now back to these tasty Breakfast Waffle Tacos…
I love using Jimmy Dean Sausage Skillets in my recipes, because they’re made with chunks of pork sausage, diced potatoes, red & green peppers, and onions –basically everything my family loves in a nice hearty breakfast or brinner!
Cook’s Note – Breakfast Waffle Tacos:
- When I serve these tacos for breakfast I make the waffle taco shells the night before. That way all I have to do is whip up the Jimmy Dean Sausage Skillets while I’m making school lunches in the morning, and I can get breakfast on the table in no time!
- Leftover taco shells can be stored in an airtight container or zip-top bag for up to 2 days. When you serve them again just briefly warm them in the microwave before adding the filling.
- Leftover egg and sausage skillet mixture can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To round out this meal for brinner I serve a nice fruit salad along with it.
Breakfast Waffle Tacos
- 12 frozen round waffles
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 18 oz package Jimmy Dean Sausage Skillets
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced green onions
- Sour cream
- Move oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 400 degrees F. Place 6 waffles on a microwave safe plate and cook on high for 45 seconds, or until the waffles are warm and pliable. Repeat with the remaining 6 waffles.
- Fold one waffle into a taco shape and use 2 toothpicks to secure the waffle in place, leaving a good amount of space for the waffle to be filled. Place the waffle on an ungreased baking sheet and repeat with the remaining waffles.
- Bake the waffles for 7-8 minutes or until they are crisp and hold their shape. Remove the toothpicks and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs and whisk until combined and set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large 12-inch non-stick skillet and turn the heat to medium. Once the oil is shimmering, pour in the contents of the Jimmy Dean Sausage Skillets pouch into the pan. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the beaten eggs evenly over the sausage mixture and cook, while stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Spoon the sausage skillet into the waffles and top with shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, and/or sour cream (all optional). Serve.