THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
These Pumpkin Churro Waffles are crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside, almost soufflé-like. They’re coated with spiced sugar and drizzled with a spiced cream cheese glaze.
This light and fluffy Pumpkin Waffles recipe serves 8 and costs about $6.58 to make, which is only $0.83 per serving.
Pumpkin Churro Waffles
These Pumpkin Churro waffles are simply THE best! They’re crisp on the outside and almost soufflé-like on the inside. This is due to 2 things: the buttermilk and the whipped, frothy eggs!
As if pumpkin waffles weren’t ah-mazing on their own (and trust me, they certainly are), I decided to give them a churro coating and drizzle them with a spiced cream cheese glaze. You can serve these Pumpkin Churro Waffles for fall brunch, Thanksgiving morning, Christmas morning, or even breakfast for dinner!
When making these churro waffles, I decided to mix up the sugar coating in a zip-top bag. This made cleanup a breeze!
Also, putting the waffles inside the bag and shaking the bag thoroughly coated each waffle in the sugar mixture, just like a churro. I didn’t have to worry about the bag popping open because the bags are strong.
How long do you cook waffles in a waffle maker?
Each waffle maker is different, and you should refer to the manufactures directions. However, it takes about five minutes per waffle in a waffle maker to cook thoroughly on average.
Why are my waffles sticking to the iron?
First, be sure you are spraying the waffle maker with nonstick spray before placing the waffle batter inside. Next, ensure the waffle maker is hot enough before using it. If it is not hot enough, the batter cannot cook all the way through, causing it to separate and stick to the plates when opening it.
Can you save waffle batter?
As long as you store any remaining waffle batter in an airtight container, it will stay fresh for up to two days.
How to make Pumpkin Churro Waffles:
STEP ONE: First, prepare the pan and oven by preheating it to 225 degrees F. Place a foil-lined wire rack on a cookie sheet and place the cookie sheet in the oven.
STEP TWO: Next, make the sugar mixture in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Shake all the ingredients together and then set aside.
STEP THREE: Then, make the spiced cream cheese glaze using a stand mixer. Once you reach the desired consistency, set it aside.
STEP FOUR: Make the pumpkin waffles batter by mixing the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In the stand mixer, beat eggs on medium speed until they are frothy and then add the remaining wet ingredients.
STEP FIVE: Combine the dry and wet ingredients. After that, spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and add batter to cook.
STEP SIX: Place each waffle on the prepared baking sheet in the oven as they finish cooking. Finally, place one waffle at a time in the Ziploc bag and shake until evenly coated. Repeat with remaining waffles and drizzle with cream cheese glaze.
How much will this Pumpkin Curtto Waffles recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $6.58
PER SERVING COST: $0.83
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- ½ cup granulated sugar – $0.12
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar – $0.11
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice – $1.45
- 4 ounces cream cheese – $0.98
- ½ cup powdered sugar – $0.14
- 1 ¼ cup milk – $0.55
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract – $0.08
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour – $0.48
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar – $0.15
- 2 teaspoons baking powder – $0.30
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda – $0.01
- ½ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 4 large eggs – $0.40
- 1 cup buttermilk – $0.58
- 1 ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree – $0.62
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter – $0.60
More pumpkin dessert recipes:
- Pumpkin-Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Baked Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Easy Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles with Cinnamon Chips
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Blossom Cookies
- Irresistible Pumpkin Honey Muffins
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie Monkey Bread
- Honey Kissed Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream
- Kettle Corn with Pumpkin Spice
- Pumpkin Blossom Cake
- Whoopie Pies
Pumpkin Churro Waffles
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
SPICED CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
PREPARE PAN AND OVEN:
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Place a foil-lined wire rack over cookie sheet, and place cookie sheet in oven.
MAKE SUGAR MIXTURE:
- In a gallon size, Ziploc bag add sugars and pumpkin pie spice. Shake until combined, set aside.
MAKE SPICED CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon and beat until smooth. Use additional milk to thin glaze to desired consistency. Set aside.
MAKE PUMPKIN WAFFLE BATTER:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat eggs on medium speed until frothy and pale in color, about 4-5 minutes. Add buttermilk, milk, pumpkin, and butter and beat on medium speed until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined and no flour clumps remain, about 1-2 minutes.
COOK PUMPKIN WAFFLES:
- Lightly spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Add an appropriate amount of batter to the waffle iron, and spread quickly. Close waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place waffle on the prepared baking sheet in the oven, and repeat with remaining batter.
- Working quickly, place 1 waffle at a time in Ziploc bag with sugar mixture, and shake until evenly coated. Repeat with remaining waffles. Drizzle waffles with spiced cream cheese glaze, and serve immediately.
- In the recipe above, I say “Add the appropriate amount of batter to the waffle iron and spread quickly.” I do not specify an amount because each waffle iron is different. Use the amount that’s best for your waffle iron.
- If you don't have buttermilk on hand, uses my buttermilk substitute recipe!