The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This easy Cannoli dip is made with whipped cream, ricotta cheese, cream cheese, powdered sugar, mini chocolate chips, vanilla, and orange zest. Its served with delectable chocolate and pistachio-covered chips.
Cannoli Dip Recipe
I have already mentioned that cannoli is one of my top three favorite desserts ever (In case you’re wondering, carrot cake and baklava are my other favorites). The crunchy shell with the creamy filling on the inside, it’s simply divine!
But let’s be honest, who has time to make cannolis from scratch every time you get a craving for one? Not me, that’s for sure. Enter this Cannoli Dip with dippers to save the day. Same great taste in a lot less time. I am 100% on board with that.
This cannoli dip will satisfy your cannoli craving in no time. It will leave you wanting more. That is not a bad thing in my opinion. After you have whipped up the cannoli dip, you can lick the spoon (or two spoonful’s) if you want, I will not tell! Finish it off with the dippers and I promise it will be everything your cannoli dreams are made of!
Every time I bring this cannoli dip recipe to a party, celebration, or holiday get-together folks beg me for the recipe! It’s such a fun and exciting take on the classic recipe.
Cook’s Note – Cannoli Chips and Dip:
- Instead of cream cheese, you can use Mascarpone cheeses.
- I do not recommend letting the dip sit out for longer than 2 hours.
- You can make the dip up to 2 days in advance.
- You can make the dippers up to 2 days in advance. Please store them in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- You can also serve this cannoli dip with broken pieces of waffle cones, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, and strawberries.
Disclosure: This dip includes affiliate links.
- mixing bowls
- hand mixer
- medium pot
- double broiler
ONE YEAR AGO: Easy Strawberry Lemonade
TWO YEARS AGO: Poppy Seed Pasta Salad
THREE YEARS AGO: Grilled Spinach Artichoke Flatbread Pizza
Cannoli Dip with Chocolate Covered Cannoli Chips
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 10 egg roll wrappers about 8 inches each
- canola oil
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pistachios
MAKE THE CANNOLI DIP:
- In a medium bowl beat the whipped cream on high speed until stiff peaks form, and then set aside. In a large bowl beat together the ricotta cheese and cream cheese on medium-high speed until combined, about 30 seconds. On low speed beat in the sugar, vanilla, and orange zest until combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream and chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime make the dippers.
MAKE THE CANNOLI DIPPERS:
- Add canola oil to a heavy-bottomed medium pot so that the canola oil goes 2-inches up the sides of the pot. Heat over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 350 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. While the oil heats up, cut out the cannoli chips with a 1 3/4-inch round cookie cutter.
- Fry 10 dippers at a time for about 30-60 seconds or until they are bubbly and golden in color, turning them frequently with a slotted spoon. Use the slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and transfer them to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Line your countertop or a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a double broiled with 2 inches of boiling water in the bottom pot to melt the chocolate chips over medium heat. Stir frequently until the chips are melted and smooth. Dip one side of the cannoli dippers into the melted chocolate. Scrape the bottom of the dipper against the edge of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Place the dipper on the prepared parchment paper.
- Nest, sprinkle the dippers with pistachios and repeat with the remaining dippers, chocolate, and pistachios. Let the dippers sit until the chocolate is set, and then serve with the cannoli dip.