These Gingerbread OREO Truffles are easy holiday treats that are great for Christmas parties, cookie exchanges, and gifting! Picture tutorial included!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Gingerbread Oreo Truffles
The Christmas season is here! This means I’ll be cranking out festive treats like these Gingerbread OREO Truffles almost daily! They’re super easy to make and delicious. You can serve them at a holiday party or package them in a pretty box for gifting.
Grab the kids to help you make this recipe! My 3-year-old and 6-year-old LOVE helping me mix, roll, and dip these Gingerbread OREO Truffles! Their favorite part of helping is placing the decorative gingerbread man sprinkle on top of each truffle.
Let me show you how easy these OREO truffles are to make!
Using a 1-Tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop filling into level tablespoon amounts. Roll into a ball, and place onto a cookie sheet to chill.
Dip the chilled balls into the melted chocolate, scoop out using a fork, and scrape off excess chocolate on the side of the bowl.
Place the dipped balls on a wax-lined cookie sheet, place decorative sprinkles on top (optional). Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator and enjoy!
Cook’s Note – Gingerbread Oreo Truffles:
- These OREO truffles will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- You can freeze these OREO truffles, just make sure they’re in an air-tight container or freezer bag. They will keep up to 6 months like this. Just defrost them in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for an hour before serving.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients- Gingerbread Oreo Truffles:
My favorite white chocolate for dipping is Ghirardelli.
This cookie scoop makes rolling these uniform balls so much easier!
These are cute little packages for gifting these Gingerbread OREO Truffles.
Gingerbread OREO Cookie Balls
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 36 Golden OREO Cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 ounces white chocolate or white candy coating melted
- Decorative sprinkles
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended. Add molasses, ginger, and cinnamon; mix until evenly distributed.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted white chocolate and top with a decorative sprinkle (optional). Place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
More Gingerbread Recipes:
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019
- New York-Style Thin Crust Pizza - October 9, 2019