The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip is always a party favorite for the holidays. Make it for your next holiday get together, and I guarantee you’ll be the most popular person in the room! Plus, it’s been shared over 322,000 times on social media!
This Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip costs about $3.74 to make, which is only $0.21 per serving. For more holiday must-have dips, try out this Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip, Baked Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip, and this Peppermint Cheesecake Dip.
Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! When we get to spend time with loved ones and fill our kitchen with amazing smells through our baking, the time of year is when we get to spend time with loved ones.
One of my favorite smells during the holidays is gingerbread. It just smells so good. What is your favorite smell? Tell me in the comments below!
Today I have another great festive dip for you to bring to holiday parties; it’s a Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip recipe. This dip has the flavor profile of gingerbread and the rich creaminess of the cheesecake.
It is the perfect recipe to bring to a party. I think someone may have even licked the bowl clean at the last holiday party I brought this to…seriously.
The best thing about this Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip is that it is wicked easy to make! Bring it to your next party, and everyone will love it! Just ask the others who have shared my recipe over 322,000 times! 🙂
To help me get my gingerbread fix, I love to mix it up with making different recipes using gingerbread. Some of my favorite recipes are:
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gingerbread Waffles
- Chewy Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- Hanging Gingerbread Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo Truffles
How to make Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip:
- First, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Next, pour in the sugars and molasses and beat until smooth and combined.
- Then, add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger mixing until combined.
- Finally, beat in the cool whip. Then transfer to a serving bowl and chill until ready to serve. Serve with graham crackers.
Cook’s Note – Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip:
- This dip will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days. Just don’t place the decorative sprinkles (if using) until right before serving.
- This recipe calls for 4 ounces of cool whip; this equals 1 1/2 cups.
- If the cool whip isn’t your thing, feel free to use freshly whipped cream instead. You will need 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream whipped to the stiff peaks stage. This should yield you about 1 1/2 cups, then use it in the recipe like you would the cool whip.
- A lot of people have asked about the decorative sprinkles I used in the pictures. I found them at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I’m pretty sure they don’t sell them anymore. However, THESE are very similar and just as cute!
How much will this Gingerbread Cheesecake recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $3.74
PER SERVING COST: $0.21
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 8 ounces cream cheese – $2.00
- ¼ cup brown sugar – $0.11
- ¼ cup powdered sugar – $0.07
- 3 Tablespoons molasses – $0.42
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger- $0.11
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon – $0.04
- Dash nutmeg – $0.07
- 4 oz Cool Whip – $0.92
More Cheesecake Dip Dessert Recipes:
- Peppermint Cheesecake Dip
- Andes Mint Cheesecake Dip
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip
- Lemon Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
- Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Turtle Cheesecake Dip
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip
Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar sifted
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 4 oz Cool Whip or 1 1/2 cups freshly whipped cream
- Graham crackers for serving
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the sugars and molasses and beat on medium speed until smooth and combined, about 1 minute.
- Next add the ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix until combined.
- Finally, add the Cool Whip and beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl and chill until ready to serve. Serve with graham crackers. Dip can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
This Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip recipe first appeared on Food Folks and Fun on December 12, 2013. I have since updated the pictures and added a recipe video.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
christina p says
This looks yummy! I will add this to my recipes to try! Thanks.
Where did you find the little gingerbread men to garnish the dip?
I got them at Bed, Bath and Beyond. You can also get them on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P83R6V0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00P83R6V0&linkCode=as2&tag=foofoland-20&linkId=DIYWKRQCV4VALLWF
It’s a great Christmas sprinkle set. I used them to also decorate these cookies: https://foodfolksandfun.net/2014/12/porcelain-sugar-cookies/
Could I use real whipped cream instead or would it not be stiff enough? Thx
Yes! Whip 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture. It will not keep as long though, probably only about 3-4 days before the cream starts separating.
How many cups is the 4 oz of cool whip? I know that cool whip is measured differently and I don’t want to mess it up! Thanks
4 oz of cool whip is 1 1/2 cups. Enjoy!
4 oz is 1/2 cup, not 1 1/2 cups
You are absolutely correct…except when you’re talking about cool whip like I am in this recipe! One 8-ounce container of cool whip has about 3 cups of product. This recipe calls for 4 ounces (half the container), and therefore is 1 1/2 cups.
Kyla S says
The 3 tablespoons molasses makes the molasses taste way too strong, and drowns out the other flavors. I would cut the molasses by half, at least.
I agree, the molasses was overpowering. I added twice the cream cheese and it was still way too strong. If I made it again, I would probably add 1 teaspoon of molasses rather than 3 tablespoons. On a side note, I made mine dairy free with Tofutti Cream Cheese and Rich’s whipped topping.
Made this and loved it! I found gingerbread man sprinkles on amazon and used real whipped cream rather than cool whip. Thanks for a great easy recipe!
I am so glad you loved it! It’s always a favorite when I bring it to parties!
What kind of Molasses did you use?
I used Grandma’s Unsulphured Molasses. I think I got it at Walmart.
How many servings does this make? It looks delicious and I plan on making it for my Christmas Eve party!
It’s hard to tell with a dip, but I would say 8 adults.
Could I use maple syrup instead of molasses?
I wouldn’t. I think it would alter the flavor of the dip, sorry!
If you come from a Mexican family DO NOT MAKE THIS DIP. IT WILL GO UNTOUCHED. The dip itself was delicious, tone it down on the molasses, if anything, but STICK TO THE CHAMPURRADO AND BUNUELOS FOR THE BENEFIT OF YOUR FAMILY.
We just made this dip and I’m Mexican! We loved every bite! I had to come back here just to tell Jillian how wonderful it is! Thanks for the perfect holiday treat!
Yay! So glad you loved the dip!!! 🙂
this was really lovely. I ended up using raw sugar as i ran out of brown sugar I did use the 3 Tbsp of the molasses and it turned out great
I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe!
I made this dip for my Christmas party and EVERYONE loved it. I actually added a little more molasses, ginger and powdered sugar. I’m making it again for a holiday card party tonight. It’s really good with Granny Smith apples and strawberries too
Yay! So glad the dip was a hit!
Do you use the regular graham crackers or the sugared ones?
You can use either!
This is a nice and easy dip recipe, and the flavor is just perfect for Christmas. 🙂
We are all about the gingerbread recipes at the moment and this dip sounds amazing.
Danielle Wolter says
This was just so yummy – the gingerbread flavor was a huge hit. Can’t wait to make it again!
Veena Azmanov says
This is surely going to be fun and delicious. Love your Cream Cheesecake Dip . Looks awesome. Kids to enjoy and have a merry time with their friends and this perfect combination eats.
I made it with the kids and it was a huge hit! Will definitely be making it again before the festive season is over.
Jo, I am thrilled that it was a hit! Thanks for stopping by to let me know! 🙂
I made this and it was a huge hit with the family! I used freshly whipped cream. Thank you for the amazing recipe!