The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Christmas Oreo Balls are easy to make, and you only need four ingredients. They’re the perfect treat to add to your Christmas cookie trays for gifting and parties.
It costs approximately $8.41 to make these Oreo Balls. The recipe makes twelve Oreo Balls for around $0.70 per ball.
These Oreo Christmas Balls are a no-bake treat perfect for holiday parties and additions to your cookie trays for gift-giving. It is an easy recipe with only four ingredients, perfect for the busy holiday season.
These festive treats can even be made ahead of time! The chocolate coating covers the cookie and cream cheese center filling, which is an irresistible flavor combo. That is why I love adding them to my cookie trays that I deliver to neighbors and friends, to avoid eating them all myself!
Make these Christmas Oreo Balls the next time you need a quick and easy treat, and they will be the hit of the event!
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.70
Recipe Cost: $8.41
- 20 Oreo cookies – $2.00
- ½ cup cream cheese – $0.56
- 8 ounces milk chocolate – $5.34
- 3 Tablespoons Christmas-themed sprinkles – $0.51
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Christmas Oreo Balls
- First, grind the Oreos into a fine powder in a food processor.
- Then, put the Oreos into a mixing bowl and mix in the cream cheese.
- Roll the mixture into one-inch balls and set them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Chill the balls in the freezer for thirty minutes.
- Next, melt the milk chocolate in the microwave for one minute, stirring every twenty seconds.
- Remove the Oreo Balls from the freezer and coat each one in the melted chocolate.
- Finally, sprinkle the Oreo Balls with the Christmas sprinkles before serving.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Instead of milk chocolate, you can use dark chocolate or white chocolate.
- Feel free to use any flavor of Oreo that you’d like. For example, sometimes around the holidays, I like to use mint or peppermint Oreos.
- You can make these for any holiday or celebration by changing the sprinkles.
SERVE: These set up fairly quickly because the Oreo filling is frozen prior to dipping them into the melted chocolate. This means you can serve the Oreo Balls right away, or store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve them.
STORE: Store the Oreo Balls in an airtight container and place in the fridge. They will stay fresh for up to three weeks. You can also leave the container on the counter at room temperature for up to three days.
FREEZE: Place the Oreo Balls in an airtight container and place the container in the freezer. They will stay fresh for up to two months.
On average, these Oreo Balls will stay fresh in the fridge for up to three weeks. See the section on Storage Tips for more detailed information.
Why are my Oreo balls sticky?
One reason may be that the ingredient measurements are off. Always double-check that the measurements are correct before mixing them. Also, too many or too few Oreo crumbs can alter the overall texture of the Oreo Balls.
They are about 232 calories in one Oreo Ball. See the information at the bottom of the recipe card for the total nutritional value.
More Christmas Recipes
- Grinch Punch
- Red Velvet Bundt Cake
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Gingerbread Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Christmas Trifle
- Shortbread Cookie Recipe for Embossed Rolling Pin
- Caramel Pretzel Turtles
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Wreath Cookies
- Holiday Potpourri
Christmas Oreo Balls
- 20 Oreo cookies
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 8 oz milk chocolate
- 3 Tablespoons Christmas-themed sprinkles
- Begin the recipe by using a food processor or high-speed blender to grind the Oreos into a fine powder.
- Place the Oreos into a mixing bowl.
- To the Oreos, add cream cheese and mix it together.
FORM AND FREEZE BALLS:
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate.
- Place the balls in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, melt the milk chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring at 20-second intervals.
COAT OREO BALLS:
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and coat the truffles one by one in melted milk chocolate.
- Sprinkle on the Christmas sprinkles.
- Transfer the truffles to a serving dish and enjoy!