The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This easy Grinch Punch recipe is a fun, festive lime sherbet punch that’s perfect for holiday parties. All you need are just a few minutes and a handful of ingredients to make this recipe.
It costs $9.72 to make this punch. The recipe makes fifteen servings, which amounts to $0.41 per serving.
While you’re in the Christmas spirit, try my Non-Alcoholic Christmas Punch, Kinderpunsch, and Shirley Temple Drinks for more festive holiday drinks.
Are you looking for a fun drink the whole family can enjoy? Then, you have come to the right place.
This Grinch Punch is just the holiday treat you have been looking for. Make the punch for a Grinch movie night along with a batch of Movie Theater Popcorn.
Sprinkle some red and green M&Ms in the popcorn, and you have the perfect themed treats to go along with the movie!
This recipe only takes four ingredients to make, plus the sprinkles for garnish. And as a bonus, it takes just ten minutes to make! Talk about easy!
The dessert drink is sweet tasting with floating sherbet that becomes frothy when combined with the pineapple juice, Hawaiian punch, and lemon-lime soda.
Whether you serve it at a holiday party, with Christmas dinner, or on a movie night, you will find that kids and adults of all ages may have their hearts grow three sizes! They will love the taste of this Grinch Punch, and you for making it!
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.41
Recipe Cost: $9.72
- ¼ cup red sugar sprinkles – $0.65
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup – $0.18
- ½ gallon lime sherbet – $2.90
- 46 oz can pineapple juice – $2.98
- 1 gallon green Hawaiian punch – $2.39
- 2 liter bottle lemon-lime soda – $0.62
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, decorate the rims of the glasses by brushing on a layer of corn syrup around the rim and then dipping it into the sugar sprinkles.
- To make the punch, first scoop the lime sherbet into a large punch bowl.
- Next, pour in ½ of the pineapple juice.
- Then pour in ½ of the Hawaiian punch.
- Finally, top the bowl off with the lemon-lime soda.
- Ladle the Grinch Punch into the dipped glasses and serve immediately.
- Instead of lime sherbet you can use vanilla-lime ice cream or just vanilla ice cream.
- If you can’t find green Hawaiian punch, then you can use limeade and then use food coloring to achieve the green color of the punch.
- This punch doubles, triples, etc nicely, you’ll just need a REALLY big punch bowl!
SERVE: The punch will keep at room temperature for about two hours before it will need to be refrigerated.
STORE: Keep leftover Grinch Punch in the refrigerator for about 24 hours. Any longer than that and it will go flat.
FREEZE: This punch is so easy to whip up, there’s no need to freeze it for extending it’s shelf life.
- Ice cream scoop
- Punch bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
The punch is sweet and fruity. The punch is made with pineapple juice, green Hawaiian punch, and lemon-lime soda.
If you do not have a punch bowl, consider using an extra-large pitcher or mixing bowl. Just note that you may have to refill the containers more often as the containers may not hold as much as a punch bowl will.
More Christmas Recipes
- Cranberry Jello Salad
- Italian Ricotta Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Gingerbread Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Christmas Trifle
- Shortbread Cookie Recipe for Embossed Rolling Pin
- Christmas Tree Cheese Ball
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Christmas Ornament Oreo Pops
- Cranberry Fluff Salad
FOR DECORATING GLASSES:
- ¼ cup red sugar sprinkles
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup to rim glasses ** see notes
FOR THE GRINCH PUNCH:
- ½ gallon lime sherbet
- 46 oz can pineapple juice chilled
- 1 gallon green Hawaiian punch chilled
- 2 liter bottle lemon-lime soda like 7-Up or Sprite, chilled
- Use a small paintbrush to brush corn syrup around the edge of the glasses, about ⅛ inch wide.
- Then dip the edges of each glass into red sugar sprinkles. Set aside.
MAKE GRINCH PUNCH:
- Add lime sherbet to a large punch bowl or serving bowl.
- Pour in about ½ of the can of pineapple juice.
- Then, pour in about ½ the bottle of Hawaiian punch. **see notes
- Top with lemon-lime soda.
- Serve immediately.
- Refill the punch bowl with more juice, Hawaiian punch, and soda as needed throughout your party.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- An alternative to using corn syrup is water, the syrup does work better, but water is okay.
- Juice: the amount of liquid you use will depend on the size of your punch bowl.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
The perfect holiday punch the whole family can enjoy! It’s such a fun and tasty drink! I know everyone is going to love it at Christmas!
Such a simple recipe for punch but wow what a crowd pleaser! Thank you!
This Grinch punch is just what you need to get the holidays started! Kids will especially love this drink.
We LOVE the Grinch at our house and this fun punch really made our tradition even more fun this year! Everyone just loved the green drink and we will definitely be doing this again next year when we watch the Grinch. Thank you!
Iryna Bychkiv says
I love this cute grinch-punch. And the fact that there are just a few ingredients makes it perfect for the parties!